Cuisine at home Forums
Let's celebrate Blane's birthday! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Let's celebrate Blane's birthday! (/showthread.php?tid=181197)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Let's celebrate Blane's birthday! - cjs - 08-08-2017

I bet chicken would work very well. Smile

RE: Let's celebrate Blane's birthday! - Mare749 - 08-21-2017

Wow, I completely forgot this was review day! But then, it looks like I have a lot of company..... Wink

We loved this sandwich. I got a nice piece of sirloin and Ron grilled it just right, pink all the way through. We let it rest a bit, then sliced it thin for the sandwiches, which I made exactly to recipe except that I used jarred roasted red peppers. Since Trixxee mentioned that this would be good with chicken, I decided to have Ron grill a chicken breast and made the exact same sandwich. I can't say which one was better because both were great.

The only complaint we both had was that the ciabatta rolls that I purchased were a bit heavy which made me regret not making them myself because they are so easy to do. We will definately be making both sandwiches again.

RE: Let's celebrate Blane's birthday! - cjs - 08-22-2017

Oh Shoot!! these sound so good and I apologize I didn't get a chance to make this!

RE: Let's celebrate Blane's birthday! - losblanos1 - 08-22-2017

These sandwiches are delicious! Great choice. I used ciabatta rolls instead of a whole loaf, because I was cooking for only myself. On the steak sammie I roasted a bell pepper, per the recipe, I thought this was unnecessary, so I used jarred roasted red peppers on the chicken sammie. It was easier, with less waste. I'll be making these again. A solid 10!

[Image: 3_zpscqyrhffq.jpg]
[Image: 1_zpsarabaoxx.jpg]

RE: Let's celebrate Blane's birthday! - Mare749 - 08-22-2017

Wow, you still take the best pictures, Blane!

Our sammies tasted as good as yours look. Definately a solid 10 from us, too.

RE: Let's celebrate Blane's birthday! - Trixxee - 08-22-2017

We thought they were wonderful too.  I also used rolls because that's all the store has.  The good news?  Still have 2 rolls left in the freezer.  Wink