Cuisine at home Forums
DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17 (/showthread.php?tid=181188)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17 - Harborwitch - 07-19-2017

Jean those shrimp look awesome!  

Bob had a Dr. appointment in Wenatchee so we had lunch first at our favorite taco place up there, then the Costco run.  I was disappointed in this Costco.  They layout was funny and they didn't have some of the stuff we are used to in Tri Cities.  They had very little gluten free stuff, but they had Cambazola!   Tongue  will update later with what we had, dinner could be cocktails and cheese?? Tongue

RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17 - Mare749 - 07-19-2017

We had a simple dinner tonight. I made a batch of pizza dough and we had Margherita pizza on the grill with the first tomatoes and basil from our garden. Used a mix of parm/prov and drizzled a bit of olive oil. Perfection. I made a tossed green salad to go with.

Holly invited us over tonight to see more vacation pix and to have some fun ice cream sandwiches that she made with Abby this afternoon. They made waffles using two cake mixes, chocolate and white. When the waffle cakes were cool, they spread soft ice cream on one side and put a top on. They wrapped them and into the freezer to harden up.
Tonight, Holly cut them into 4 pieces just like ice cream sandwiches. She also had fudge sauce and whipped cream, but I liked them plain.

RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17 - cjs - 07-20-2017

I like Cambazola, too - sounds like an o.k. dinner to me. Smile

Oh Maryann - what a delicious sounding treat!! Your first tomatoes? I don't even have any set on the plants. What a ridiculous summer for growing anything around here. Sad

RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17 - cjs - 07-20-2017

Thursday's Dinner, 7/20/17??

What's for dinner? 

After pkg.ing up our bounty from yesterday's run to Costco, no idea what to choose yet.

RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17 - Harborwitch - 07-20-2017

Maryann that whole dinner sounds amazing.  

Like Jean, no tomatoes . . . but I am getting shishito peppers like made!  Something ate all the fronds off my bronze fennel and my celery to the ground.  I think there is a critter.  Grrrrr.  I was looking forward to that celery!

We wound up with cocktails and "Bacon Cheddar Crisps" from Costco, and early to bed.  Long days of shopping are getting harder on us - especially adding a 2 hour drive on each end and a Dr. visit that had Bob really nervous.  

We also went to a really cool health food store, where I also learned that I'm among a group of people who have discovered that grains grown in Canada don't cause all the "uncomfortable" digestive reactions.  I did get a loaf of gluten free rye bread, a bag of garbanzo flour, a bottle of Dry Watermelon Soda, and a bottle of Amber Ale Bob found (gluten free).  I see another dinner on our "patio" with good friends for tapas with Falafel and lots of other goodies!

Tonight's dinner will be the chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and I haven't picked a veggie yet.  But I will have my dinner.  We did enough cube steak in the sous vide for several dinners, grab from the freezer thaw in the sous vide to 134* and proceed as usual.

RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17 - Mare749 - 07-20-2017

If anyone is interested, here is the link for the ice cream sandwiches. I did not care for the ones with m&m's but did like the chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. The white cake waffles would have been better with some kind of chocolate ice cream.
http://tiphero.com/chocolate-waffle-ice-cream-sandwich/

Dinner tonight will be another easy meal. Beer can chicken, spinach salad and honeydew melon.

RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17 - Trixxee - 07-20-2017

Oh gosh - those look great MA.

I'm thawing boneless chicken breasts.  Not sure what to do - might do an "orange" piccata since I don't have any lemons and I don't know that I'm going to the store today.  I think Michael just wants some buttered parmesan pasta.  Tony's still gone.  Am sort of missing real cooking.

RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17 - cjs - 07-21-2017

Hope Bob's Dr.s appt. went well.
Roy has managed to frustrate the darn gophers in the neighborhood - he lined the bottom of the planter sections with screen. Lots of little hills around the outside..... Smile

Maryann, those waffle things look so decadent and good!

RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17 - cjs - 07-21-2017

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/21/17??

What's for dinner today??

Too early to think past coffee yet. Smile 

O.K., I've had enough coffee, I can think now. Braised Beef Short Ribs and Sous Vide fingerling potatoes with garlic & Rosemary.  House is going to smell very, very good pretty soon. Smile

RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17 - Mare749 - 07-21-2017

Ron's beer can chicken was pure perfection last night. Still have a lot l/o, so just a simple dish tonight with cold sliced chicken breast, lettuce and tomatoes and maybe a few pieces of bacon in a spinach wrap. A cup of radish soup on the side.