Cuisine at home Forums
DINNER THREAD, 7/10/17 - 7/16/17 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: DINNER THREAD, 7/10/17 - 7/16/17 (/showthread.php?tid=181184)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

DINNER THREAD, 7/10/17 - 7/16/17 - cjs - 07-10-2017

Monday's Dinner, 7/10/17??

What's for dinner today? 

I got a couple soups made yesterday for the freezer, plus a batch of Marinara so einy, meeny, miny, moe today. 

Maryann, I silently thank you every time I make Marinara sauce and remember to roast a couple bones and add to the sauce. I remembered yesterday. Smile

RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/10/17 - 7/16/17 - Mare749 - 07-10-2017

And, I always remember to thank my mama for teaching me to do that. Smile

Well, my cousin is out of surgery and resting comfortably, so I'm back home and needed a quick dinner. So, I have some white chicken chili simmering on the stove and will make a salad to have on the side. I love the contrast of a cold and crunchy salad with a spicy hot chili. Weird huh?

RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/10/17 - 7/16/17 - Gourmet_Mom - 07-10-2017

And I didn't catch that trick!  Thanks you guys!!!

I left my book bag at the office Saturday and kept forgetting to bring it home.  It was a weird weekend....what am I saying, the whole week last week was weird!

Anyway, a few weeks ago, I asked William to get groceries.  (I was trying to finish a map, and he was already a stone's throw from the store.). Plus, we were only having burgers!  Well, he was so excited about his find of ground Prime Rib....on sale.  I was so tired, I didn't think about the lack of fat.  The burgers were dry and flavorless, and I was stuck with two more pounds of the stuff.

Well, yesterday, I chopped up some bacon and mixed with the stuff and had some really great bacon burgers!  I've been craving salad, so we had a nice fresh salad on the side.

We enjoyed the salad so much, I made another one tonight and grabbed a rotisserie chicken to add on top.  

Yum!

RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/10/17 - 7/16/17 - Harborwitch - 07-10-2017

The bacon burgers sound good Daphne!  So does salad!

I had leftover Vietnamese rice and leftover pork from last night so I made a quick Sweet & Sour and fried the pork quickly and heated in the sauce.  OMG!  I added pineapple chunks, onion and Shishito peppers to the sauce.  Yum.  I am ready for a salad tomorrow!

RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/10/17 - 7/16/17 - cjs - 07-11-2017

Tuesday's Dinner, 7/11/17??

What's on the menu for today?? 

Going easy today - Tuna Melts and fries

RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/10/17 - 7/16/17 - Mare749 - 07-11-2017

Looking for inspiration, so I'm going to go through recipes using chicken breast.

RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/10/17 - 7/16/17 - Harborwitch - 07-11-2017

I am thinking along the same lines.  Either a Chicken & Apricot Tagine (done sous vide) or a Chicken Caprese (chicken cooked sous vide and sliced & layered with tomatoes & mozz. and basil.  Both sound good to me.

RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/10/17 - 7/16/17 - Mare749 - 07-11-2017

I decided to do that Chinese Almond Chicken dish that Blane makes all the time. Yum.

Alyssa and Tommy are staying with me this week. (no camps) Tommy loves to make things in the kitchen with me more than Alyssa does. So this morning, I let him make banana nut bread almost by himself and I just walked him through each step. It turned out beautiful and he was so proud of himself.

RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/10/17 - 7/16/17 - cjs - 07-12-2017

Wednesday's Dinner, 7/12/13??

What's on the menu for today??

Not sure what we'll do. Have to stop at Costco after a dr. appt., so we'll see what kind of trouble we can get in there. Smile 

Way to go, Tommy!! Another young chef in the making. Big Grin

RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/10/17 - 7/16/17 - Mare749 - 07-12-2017

Yes, he really is turning into quite the cook. His dad gets home from work 2 hours before Heather, so has taken over most of the meal planning/cooking during the week. Tommy is his little shadow.

I picked up some authentic Polish kielbasi from a wonderful little shop that is known for their meats, pierogis and stuffed cabbage. So, that will be dinner using Roberto's recipe for the grill. Have to do it at least once a summer.