Cuisine at home Forums
DINNER THREAD - 3/6/17 - 3/12/17 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: DINNER THREAD - 3/6/17 - 3/12/17 (/showthread.php?tid=181123)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

DINNER THREAD - 3/6/17 - 3/12/17 - cjs - 03-06-2017

Monday's Dinner, 3/6/17

What's for dinner today??

I'm playing with the l/o peanut sauced chicken wings - maybe some chicken/rice cakes? hmmmm

RE: DINNER THREAD - 3/6/17 - 3/12/17 - Trixxee - 03-06-2017

Leftover chili from Saturday.  I look forward to easy Monday dinners to ease back into the school week. 

Speaking of school, Michael's English class is reading "The Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls so of course I picked up a used copy to read along and it's a great book!  It's been made into a movie (hasn't been released yet).  It's a memoir.  If anyone is looking for something good to read, pick this up.  From what I hear it was on the NYT best seller list for like 2 years.

RE: DINNER THREAD - 3/6/17 - 3/12/17 - cjs - 03-06-2017

Thanks Trixxee - love getting new book ideas!!

RE: DINNER THREAD - 3/6/17 - 3/12/17 - Mare749 - 03-06-2017

So do I. Thank you. Trixxee!

So, I have become determined to start using more Cuisine recipes again, but need to use easy ones that can be mostly prepped in the morning.

Today will be Asian Pork Sandwiches with Half-moon Salad from "Weeknight Menus". This is an old favorite that I forget about and only seem to make it once a year even though it is easy and we really like it.

We had some pulled pork that I took out of the freezer last night and this morning I mixed up the sauce, added it to the pork and just now put it in my little slow cooker for a few hours to meld. Then, I prepped the salad, minus the cucumbers and dressing, to be tossed at the last minute while toasting the baguette slices. All of this took less than 30 minutes including clean-up. Smile

OH FOR GOD'S SAKE!!   I visited Amazon to look at the book "The Glass Castle" and this is the reply I rec'd -

"You purchased this item on January 9, 2013."    Confused Confused Confused Big Grin  It must have been on sale as I would not have paid that for an ebook.  Geez.

RE: DINNER THREAD - 3/6/17 - 3/12/17 - Trixxee - 03-06-2017

So funny Jean!  So did you read it?  It's about a dysfunctional family, setting is late 1950's, dad is a functioning alcoholic and mom is a wanderer and lets the kids fend for themselves most of the time.

It's just a refreshing change of pace from the drip drip stuff they normally read.

Haven't read yet, but it's moved to the next read...

RE: DINNER THREAD - 3/6/17 - 3/12/17 - Mare749 - 03-06-2017

I just downloaded the book from my library with Overdrive. The hard copies were all out on loan with a waiting list, so I got the MP3 version to listen to it, which is something that I enjoy doing while I'm cleaning the house. Wink

RE: DINNER THREAD - 3/6/17 - 3/12/17 - Gourmet_Mom - 03-06-2017

Maryann, I keep saying I'm going to get back to C@H recipes, but I keep failing to do so.  Gotta think about that.

We had breakfast hash for dinner finally.  Geez!  Had it planned for almost a week.

RE: DINNER THREAD - 3/6/17 - 3/12/17 - cjs - 03-07-2017

I went outside the box yesterday with my leftover Peanut sauced chicken wings. Normally, I would have headed straight for pizza, but ended up playing with it a little and came out with great flavored chicken/potato patties – adding more of the sauce to jazz the spice level up a bit.
Served with fries and dipping the fries in the peanut sauce? Wow  forget ketchup! Smile I’m really pleased with the results. Now, to make again and get the amounts down………  Wines  were Riesling and 14 Hands Hot to Trot - both winners.

[Image: Mar%206%20chix%20patties%203_zpsbvqtrt7j.jpg]