Cuisine at home Forums
DINNER THREAD, 2/27/17 - 3/5/17 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: DINNER THREAD, 2/27/17 - 3/5/17 (/showthread.php?tid=181122)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: DINNER THREAD, 2/27/17 - 3/5/17 - cjs - 03-01-2017

Well, here is more info than anyone probably wants to know......

Good Lord, what a traumatic day yesterday was. And, found out I’m quite the wuss!!!I have been very apprehensive about this whole thing, but evidently for the wrong reason. The surgery itself went fine, but I have never been so nauseous in my life! The minute the chair was lowered (darn near my head was upside down!) I was sure I was going to upchuck. I even told them to be careful – I was that close. It turns out my eating early and no liquids to stay ahead of the nothing 2 hours before was the wrong thing to do. My stomach was empty, I was a little dehydrated and overly anxious! That combination almost did me in. Finally by late-afternoon  the nausea passed and I was o.k. from then on.

I go in for a follow up this a.m., so we’ll see what they recommend for Thursday! Besides food, water and calming down. Confused

So, no hurricanes for me nor any Mardi Gras celebration!! Maybe later on. Thanks Tracie for adding your menu! (why don't you do it more often - especially when it's something which sounds as good as fried Spam!! Big Grin

Wednesday's Dinner - 3/1/17??

What's for dinner today?? 

Thank God my fridge is stocked! I only have to thaw some marinara and add it to one of the bags of fresh pasta we got as a freebie from Safeway. and a green salad. Easy, easy. My pulled pork is waiting to be sliced or pulled (depending on how 'done' it is) Anxious for a sandwich for our later snack.

RE: DINNER THREAD, 2/27/17 - 3/5/17 - Mare749 - 03-01-2017

Jean, I'm so glad you got that over with and hoping that Thursday is easier! Smile

Once again, we have the bizzarro weather, warm today then cold tomorrow. But, it gives us a chance to grill, so that's good. Grilled salmon teriyaki with brown basmati/white rice, and steamed broccoli.

I found that if I make the brown rice and the white rice separately (due to time differences) then mix them together, Ron doesn't mind it. In fact, he thought it was good that way. He doesn't care for brown rice by itself.

Trixxee, are you out there? Wondering how your brother is doing?

Trixxee has probably lost so much weight, she is weak.,.... Smile

Still can't find Salmon on sale to stock up on, darn it! Enjoy yours. I'm with Ron - I prefer a combination of the rice, also.

RE: DINNER THREAD, 2/27/17 - 3/5/17 - Trixxee - 03-01-2017

I'm here!  Glad you got through that Jean.  I really can't stand any type of medical procedure - I am such a baby.

The last I heard Maryann was that he saw a optic neurologist (this was like last Thursday) and she ordered a bunch of blood work.  She is not leaning towards MS and he did tell me the name of the condition she thinks if may be but with the phone fiasco the other day I lost a bunch of data, including a lot of texts, which is how he sent me the info.  I'm going to try to call him later.

I think we are having tortilla crusted tilapia, roasted sweet potatoes with lime and MORE asparagus.  99 cents a pound right now, Daphne.  Wink

Ha Jean - I wish.  I seemed to have stalled out.  But I'm not giving up.  For lunch we're having grilled rockfish with lemon butter and a green salad.  And water.  LOL!.

Jean  - we LOVE the individually frozen wild sockeye salmon from Costco.  Have you tried it?   Comes in a black bag, I think.

RE: DINNER THREAD, 2/27/17 - 3/5/17 - Mare749 - 03-01-2017

That's what I have, Trixxee. Love Costco!

Has your brother recovered any of his vision yet? I'm glad they don't think it's MS. That's a relief!

RE: DINNER THREAD, 2/27/17 - 3/5/17 - Cubangirl - 03-01-2017

Jean sorry to hear about the side effect of the surgery. For me, that is always the worst part. It is now on my permanent health record and I do warn them each time. Since I started doing that, no problems. Always eat before you have to stop eating! I find the older I get, the more susceptible I am to almost fainting if I've not eaten. The good news is that it does go away fast after you get food. My wonderful hubby always brings a protein shake for me when he picks me up (I love the Pure Protein shakes, 35g of protein, very low carbs.)

RE: DINNER THREAD, 2/27/17 - 3/5/17 - Gourmet_Mom - 03-01-2017

HI, Tracie!!!!  We just LOVE fried spam sandwiches here, too!  Good to see you!

Oh, Jean, between the weather and your surgery, you've had a rough couple of days!  I hope things will go better tomorrow!  At least you won't be as anxious about the surgery, maybe?

We went out for wine and wing night last night!  YUM!

We had a really late lunch today, so we will probably just snack on ham and stuff.

Oh, and Trixxee, I'm hoping this is good news about your brother!