Cuisine at home Forums
DINNER THREAD - 1/30 - 2/5/17 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: DINNER THREAD - 1/30 - 2/5/17 (/showthread.php?tid=181103)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: DINNER THREAD - 1/30 - 2/5/17 - cjs - 01-31-2017

Good to see you, Barbara!! Yeah, to leftovers! Smile

I made this Bacon Cheeseburger pizza for the sole reason I’m just craving a grilled Bacon Cheeseburger and it’s just too cold for these old bones. As the pizza was ready for the oven, I was still thinking…o.k., and as it came out of the oven, it did look a lot more appetizing. Then, adding mustard, ketchup, shredded lettuce, onions and Bread & Butter pickles… WOW! This is just an incredible tasting pizza – but, only if you love a bacon cheeseburger.

Ready for the oven, didn't look real promising -
[Image: Jan%2031%20Bacon%20Cheeseburger%20ready%...v0glfr.jpg]

A little better out of the oven - 
[Image: Jan%2031%20Bacon%20Cheeseburger%20out%20...anbakl.jpg]

but then - added the toppings and wow, what a difference
[Image: Jan%2031%20Bacon%20Cheeseburger%20w%20to...f53smf.jpg]

Maryann, I'm going to stop adding the enhancer to pizza dough - finally got the rise and crusty/chewy consistency we love.

RE: DINNER THREAD - 1/30 - 2/5/17 - Mare749 - 01-31-2017

Yes, you sure did. So, how did you do it? Looks great!

I went a whole different way today. When I got home this afternoon, I decided to make French Market Soup. So, we had that with a couple pieces of garlic toast.

RE: DINNER THREAD - 1/30 - 2/5/17 - Gourmet_Mom - 01-31-2017

Yummy, Jean!

Hey, Stranger!  Good to see you on here, Barbara!

We had Chicken Parmesan over noodles with a simple salad.

RE: DINNER THREAD - 1/30 - 2/5/17 - cjs - 02-01-2017

I haven't made French Market soup forever - must add to the list for next freezer batch. Smile

I may be repeating myself, but what I did with the pizza dough was I made 3 different batches - 2 without the enhancer (bread flour dough and A.P./Cake flour dough) and 1 batch (Laura's Pizza dough) using the vital wheat gluten. I used the bread flour dough yesterday and it was as I remember liking it.

I wish I knew the science behind all this, but........I'm anxious to try the other 2. Plus, maybe the weather will get up to at least 40° and I can try the grill method again also.

Wednesday's Dinner - 2/1/17??

What's on the menu for all today?? 

I'm thawing out a steak and have baked beans in the freezer and probably a gr. salad. 

RE: DINNER THREAD - 1/30 - 2/5/17 - Trixxee - 02-01-2017

Pizza looks great!

I know we are having asparagus as it was only $1.49/lb yesterday.  And I have a lot of different cuts of chicken of as Ralph's (Kroger's to some of you) had all Foster Farms chicken on sale for 50% off.  I have thin cut boneless breasts, drumsticks and thighs.   Since Tony is working from home today I'm thinking using the thin sliced.  Tomorrow I can roast some pieces and they can sit in the oven if he's late.

Probably C@H's chicken with almond butter sauce.

RE: DINNER THREAD - 1/30 - 2/5/17 - Mare749 - 02-01-2017

Your bread dough recipe is the one that I use all the time, Jean. I forgot that I had purchased a bag of the vital wheat gluten. I'm wondering if I should divide it up into smaller amounts and freeze it?

I have vegetables to use from the Asian market, so doing a shrimp stir-fry with Chinese Broccoli. Jasmine rice on the side and maybe an eggroll.

Chicken - the wonderful savior to have in the freezer at all times!!!! Smile

Maryann, I do keep my vital gluten 'stuff' in the freezer.

RE: DINNER THREAD - 1/30 - 2/5/17 - Gourmet_Mom - 02-01-2017

I think I'm going to do a beef and broccoli stir fry.  I'll probably serve over ramen noodles since we had fried rice with our Kim's Spicy Ribs today for lunch.  Or I may just skip the starch all together.  We'll see!

RE: DINNER THREAD - 1/30 - 2/5/17 - Trixxee - 02-01-2017

Well, little change of plans.  I thought I had slivered almonds - don't.  But I do have some fresh basil and some cream that needs to be used so changed gears to chicken with a sundried tomato cream sauce with a side of asparagus.