Cuisine at home Forums
Thursday's Dinner, 8/4/16?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Thursday's Dinner, 8/4/16?? (/showthread.php?tid=180141)

Thursday's Dinner, 8/4/16?? - cjs - 08-04-2016

What's for dinner today??

We finished up the corn cobs, but I kept the marinade (see the recipe posted in the garden thread, if you'd like) so I think I might do some kind of cold noodle salad using it.

More leftovers to work on also.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/4/16?? - Mare749 - 08-04-2016

Well, you just helped me decide! Tonight we will have a Vietnamese salad topped with some shredded chicken.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/4/16?? - losblanos1 - 08-04-2016

I'm firing up the grill to make chicken satay, Jasmine rice on the side.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/4/16?? - karyn - 08-04-2016

Satay here, too! I'm doing a pork satay with a spiralized Asian cucumber salad.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/4/16?? - Mare749 - 08-04-2016

That's funny. Three of us in a row doing something Asian.

But, that is changing now since I went to the store for a few ingredients that I forgot to pick up. So, tonight is going to be the Mexican Lasagna that is our current review dinner. So excited!

P.S. Doing the prep, I made the mistake of taking a big ol' slice of jalapeno just to see how hot it was. My mouth was on fire, I started coughing, sneezing and crying all at the same time. And poor Ron was on the phone with me at the time!

Is this a normal reaction, or does it sound like an allergic reaction? I never used to be so sensitive to peppers, but they do make me cough now.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/4/16?? - cjs - 08-04-2016

I cough if I inhale while working on them.

Leftovers time-Pork Filling (from Stuffed Poblanos), walnut cream sauce tossed with pasta. So very good. And a Caesar salad with Cilantro and Green Chile dressing.

no picture....

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/4/16?? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-04-2016

Today we lucked up and got Kim's Spicy chicken for lunch, even though we got there after 12:30! Actually, it was a rare unrushed lunch chatting with old friends returning after a few years like me, a good old friend who paid for our lunch last week, and one of the owners when the lunch crowd slowed down. This is one of my rewards after 30+ years of gobbling my lunch down in less than 20 minutes every day!

Anyway, dinner was SUPER easy! I popped it last weekend , so all I had to do was assemble and heat. I got the idea from Fresh and Fast....PIZZADILLAS! Jean, I owe you an apology. I must have been doing it wrong. This is just a glorified version of your short cut pizzas. They were GREAT!