Cuisine at home Forums
Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16?? (/showthread.php?tid=180096)

Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16?? - cjs - 08-02-2016

What's on the menu for today??

We're hosting our Motley Crew group tonight with a Mexican Fiesta - should be fun. Wanted to have it outside, but showers are predicted, so don't know............

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16?? - losblanos1 - 08-02-2016

A Mexican fiesta here also, Old School Tacos or the Mexican Lasagna review dinner.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16?? - Mare749 - 08-02-2016

I went to the meat store today and they had some gorgeous rib-eyes. So, I got a nice thick cut for the grill. Ron is going to be happy-happy. Will also grill some red bliss potatoes and some asparagus to go with.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16?? - cjs - 08-02-2016

we'll raise our glasses of Margarita Punch to you Blane and C.A.
[Image: Nov%203%20Margarita%20Punch_zpssvutltop.jpg]

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16?? - karyn - 08-02-2016

Enjoy the Mexican fiestas, Jean and Blane! I've got the review dinner planned for later this week.

We're having one of my favorite Thai-inspired pizzas tonight with chicken, cilantro, caramelized onions, etc.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16?? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-02-2016

Totally forgot dinner! I FINALLY pushed myself to cook this dinner! I have been wanting to make the Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad, and I finally pulled it off tonight. While I was at it, I had prepped the glaze for the Grilled Citrus Skewer Sauce, (I made it with chicken breast cutlets instead of skewered wings), so I cooked them off while finishing the chicken for tonight on the grill instead of the oven. I also grilled off some more lightly seasoned breasts to have with a Basil Pesto Chicken Pasta Salad. I froze the ones for the pesto dish for later.

Blessedly, we came home to a cooler house than usual today. It wasn't nearly as hot today, so the AC was able to keep up. That was just the encouragement I needed to finally pull this off. Three meals prepped at one time feels pretty good! WHEW!

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16?? - Mare749 - 08-03-2016

Hey Daphne, how is the re-organization of the office going?
Miss you!

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16?? - cjs - 08-03-2016

Good for you, Daphne!!

Thai pizza - ohhh, haven't had for the longest time.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16?? - Mare749 - 08-03-2016

Don't think I've ever made one. Along with the ingredients mentioned by Karyn, is there any type of sauce or dressing on it?

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/2/16?? - cjs - 08-03-2016

maryann, you might like this -

THAI CHICKEN PIZZA*****

First made this pizza in Warden with Sharon and Bob, June 2013. The peanut sauce is wonderful and will write for permission to use in a book. (note: found out it is from Tabasco – will use recipe w/permission)

Peanut butter, smooth 2 Tbs
TABASCO® brand SWEET & Spicy Pepper Sauce 1-1/2 Tbs
Hoisin sauce 1/2 cup
Soy sauce 1 Tbs
Fish sauce 3/4 tsp
Lime juice 1 Tbs
Fresh ginger, minced 1 tsp
Chicken breasts, thinly sliced 1/2 lb
Salt pinch
Black pepper pinch
Peanut oil 2 Tbs
Prepared pizza dough 12 oz
Cornmeal 2 Tbs
Mozzarella cheese, part-skim, shredded 1 cup
Carrot, shredded 1/4 cup
Bean sprouts 1/4 cup
Peanuts, chopped 1-1/2 Tbs
Scallion, chopped 2 Tbs
Cilantro, chopped 2 Tbs

1. Preheat oven to 425°F.

2. In a small mixing bowl, mix together peanut butter, TABASCO® SWEET & Spicy Pepper Sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and fresh ginger.

3. Season sliced chicken with salt and pepper. In a medium sauté pan, sauté chicken in peanut oil until almost cooked through.

4. On a flat work surface, flatten pizza dough into a 14" circle, leaving a 1/2" raised rim around the edge. Place on a wooden pizza peel sprinkled with cornmeal. Spread an even layer of peanut sauce on pizza dough. Next spread a layer of mozzarella cheese. Distribute chicken on top of cheese.

5. Bake for 12-15 minutes until crust is golden brown.

6. Remove pizza from oven and top with shredded carrots, bean sprouts, peanuts, scallions and cilantro.

7. Yield: 1 14" pizza, or 2-3 servings