Cuisine at home Forums
Fried Egg and Pasta!! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Fried Egg and Pasta!! (/showthread.php?tid=177437)

Fried Egg and Pasta!! - cjs - 04-10-2016

This is what we had for our snack last night - so good and so easy. Always leftovers from our snacks, so it was good for a breakfast also.

Weekday Magic – Fried Eggs & Pasta. All this dish is is smashed garlic sautéed in olive oil, remove the garlic, fry eggs just until yolks are still soft; add freshly cooked & drained pasta and toss altogether. Options – sprinkle with lots of black pepper, shredded Parmesan or maybe a few peas. 15 minute dinner. (a poor man's Carbonara, maybe?? )

[Image: Apr%209%20Pasta%20with%20fried%20egg_zps1kbehl1w.jpg]

Re: Fried Egg and Pasta!! - Gourmet_Mom - 04-10-2016

That sounds pretty good, Jean!

Now I want carbonara! But the way I like it is way too rich. William would have a heart attack just looking at it! When something is that good, he can't seem to exercise self control.

Re: Fried Egg and Pasta!! - cjs - 04-10-2016

I don't blame him!

Re: Fried Egg and Pasta!! - foodfiend - 04-15-2016

Jean, thanks so much for this recipe because it's incredibly quick and easy AND delicious! We had a busy morning and I made it for lunch (and, judging by my husband's reaction, did not make nearly enough). I gave it more of a garlic punch by smashing, then roughly chopping, the garlic, and only removing half after it was sauteed in olive oil; then I added spinach and dried red pepper flakes, too. Awesome! [Image: IMG_3440%201024x682_zpskltps6hu.jpg]

I used brown rice pasta, that's why it isn't the lovely golden color of yours...

Re: Fried Egg and Pasta!! - cjs - 04-15-2016

I'm so glad you both liked it!! How easy can a dinner get, huh? Love the additions, also. I've been making notes on the original to add......

Post deleted by sysadmin - - 04-15-2016

Re: Fried Egg and Pasta!! - luvnit - 04-16-2016

Love pasta and eggs! Yum!

Re: Fried Egg and Pasta!! - iBcookin - 04-20-2016

This sounds like a super easy meal for those "what do I make for dinner tonite" days! I love the idea of adding the spinach and red pepper flakes, although the pepper flakes might not be kid friendly at my house. I can see them now, nose wrinkled, "too spicy Memaw!"

Liked the idea of roasted red peppers in there too!