Cuisine at home Forums
Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16?? (/showthread.php?tid=176275)

Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16?? - cjs - 02-23-2016

What's on the menu for today??

Stove is gone and we're o.k. for today - pub crawl tonight.

But, that dark rye bread is so good, think we'll have sandwiches with it for lunch. Roy will be in heaven - dark rye, Swiss, Kraut & ??

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16?? - Trixxee - 02-23-2016

I was thinking of grilling burgers and making the spicy pepper relish from the new issue to top them with but Tony is so busy and stressed out at work that I don't think I want to even pile bbq'ing a burger on him. He already needs to get on the horn with AT&T when he gets home - we're having weird internet problems. A grilled burger might send him over the edge.

Maybe kung pao chicken? We've had some form of mexican food for 4 nights now so can't go that direction.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16?? - Mare749 - 02-23-2016

How about using the ground meat to make Tony a meatball sub on a toasty roll, with sauce and melted cheese. Boy, does that sound good!

I took out a package of 8 layer lasagna from the freezer. We will have that with oven roasted veggies. Got some great mushrooms yesterday at Asia Foods, so will stuff a few of those.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16?? - cjs - 02-23-2016

that does sound good! Meatballs and marinara in the freezer! This is something I can make while I wait for the stove. on the list.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16?? - losblanos1 - 02-23-2016

A meatball sub sounds so good! So does an Italian grinder.

It's freezer dive chili con carne for dinner.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16?? - Trixxee - 02-23-2016

That does sound good. Too bad we don't have any sauce or meatballs in the freezer currently (and Tony is the sauce and meatball maker).

Maybe I can get him to make up a batch this weekend. Thanks Maryann!

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16?? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-23-2016

As you all know, I do love a good meatball sub, but I don't have that good bread.

Even though William's meeting is a dinner meeting, the meals are not always that great. I had planned to eat leftovers, but after he reminded me of that, I decided I'd cook after all.

So we are having that Guiness Pot Roast I've been wanting to make. I'm going to add baby potatoes to the final cooking stage. Since I had a ton of onion strings left over, I decided they be perfect for a scratch green bean casserole.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16?? - Harborwitch - 02-23-2016

That Pot Roast sounds so good Daphne.

We are going to have leftover carnitas, and the Pumpkin Corn Pudding. It will be an easy dinner . . .I have new "toys" to play with for the jewelry business - and I'm afraid it might take up my day.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16?? - karyn - 02-23-2016

We're having Korean Braised Short Rib and Kimchi Pasta just because it sounded like such a mash-up that I couldn't quite wrap my mind around it. I'll let you know what we think.

Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 2/23/16?? - cjs - 02-23-2016

all sounds good and darn I'm ready for that corn pudding again!!