Cuisine at home Forums
Monday's Dinner, 2/22/16?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Monday's Dinner, 2/22/16?? (/showthread.php?tid=176256)

Monday's Dinner, 2/22/16?? - cjs - 02-22-2016

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Leftovers of the slow cooker beef stir-fry here. I sure did a turn-around on this dish. I wasn't the least impressed when I first tried it after it was done. I had bought a packet of McCormick's Sesame Chicken Stir Fry sauce (as part of my easy prep dinner ideas) and ehhh, flavors so-so. But after sitting over night we had it yesterday over quinoa and it was darn tasty! I would buy again to have on hand.

[Image: Cooking_Sauces_SesameStirFry_Products_47...js8u4s.png]

Slow Cooker Beef Stir Fry

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/22/16?? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-22-2016

I'm not saying yet. If I do, William will hijack my idea again. But it will have chicken in it.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/22/16?? - Mare749 - 02-22-2016

I'm going to Asia Foods today, so will probably bring home goodies from there. Very likely will be banh mi for dinner.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/22/16?? - Trixxee - 02-22-2016

Beef brisket tacos and spanish rice. Homemade guacamole.

So we have been eating heavy lately, too. So I gave him two light chicken choices.....Lite Lemon Chicken (the one I've been trying to make for a week) and the Chicken Taco Salad. He picked the salad. I don't know what the man has against lemons! LOL!

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/22/16?? - Trixxee - 02-22-2016

Daphne - when Tony balks at something I really want to make or try I just make it for myself for lunch. Then I don't have to be deprived or annoyed.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/22/16?? - losblanos1 - 02-22-2016

Fish burgers or fish tacos or fish n' chips with French fries or tater tots or onion rings.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/22/16?? - karyn - 02-22-2016

We're having a Thai-style chicken pizza with caramelized onions, chicken, chili sauce and three cheeses. It's an adaptation of an old Bon Apetite recipe that John has finally decided is craveable. It's been a favorite of mine for years. I'm serving it with a terrific Brussels sprouts slaw.

Karyn, your complex meals blow my mind knowing what your schedule must be! Hats off to you!

Trixxee, that's a good idea! I may try that!

I'll save my review of dinner for tomorrow, I'll explain later.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 2/22/16?? - karyn - 02-23-2016

Thanks, Daphne, but it was actually a freezer-diving meal...the chicken, onions, and dough just needed thawing. All I had to do last night was grate some cheese, chop some cilantro and make the pizza. See...not so impressive. Whenever a dinner is freezable (and tons are) I make enough for two dinners. It makes cooking much easier during the week!