Cuisine at home Forums
Wednesday's Dinner, 2/17/16?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/17/16?? (/showthread.php?tid=176143)

Wednesday's Dinner, 2/17/16?? - cjs - 02-17-2016

What's for dinner today??

I managed to hide 2 of the game day sandwiches, so we'll have them with l/o corn pudding.

By the way the movie was very interesting. I was just graduating from high school while the Gary Powers story was happening so this made it more interesting for me. One thing I did not remember was the side story of the student named Pryer (sp?) also held prisoner. I'm off to google a book about this and find out more.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/17/16?? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-17-2016

I googled this movie yesterday. It sounds like a story William would really be into. Good to know you liked it.

I was so happy to put together a few meals this weekend so I could shop once for several days. Yesterday was my day that I didn't have to go anywhere. Well, dinner was done and the side was prepped, and I went to sit down with a glass of wine. WHAT?!?! NO WINE?!?! Are you kidding? Well, it was late in the day, and I had no dinner plans for the next few days. So I picked up a couple of proteins and veggies at random. So now I have a mystery box situation for the next few days. Off to create.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/17/16?? - cjs - 02-17-2016

2 mystery boxes to work on....

It is a great movie! Why has Tom Hanks never won an Oscar???????????

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/17/16?? - Trixxee - 02-17-2016

Easy one tonight - chicken fajita tacos.

Jean - Hanks has won 2 Oscars.

oh

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/17/16?? - Trixxee - 02-17-2016

Yeah, he was in a real sleeper that very few have seen. Forrest Gump.

I think the other one was Philadelphia. I actually thought he won for Castaway but he didn't. Was nominated though.

I'll be darned - I've seen both of those and Castaway.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/17/16?? - Mare749 - 02-17-2016

All great movies. Love Tom Hanks.

We have leftover roast beef, so hot roast beef sandwiches, with mashed potatoes and gravy. Another vegetable to be determined shortly.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/17/16?? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-17-2016

Too funny!

Do you ever get an idea for a meal, but you can't make it at the time for whatever reason? After that, nothing sounds good? That was my dilemma today. Of the proteins I brought home, William asked me to do something with the ground beef. My first thought was how wonderful the crunch of a taco would be. No taco shells at my house. And I was determined to use what I have here.

Sooooo, tonight we are having old school Salisbury Steak with smashed red potatoes and peas.

But you can bet I will be picking up ingredients for tacos after my doctor's appointment Friday!

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/17/16?? - losblanos1 - 02-17-2016

Did anyone ever watch the TV show 'Bosom Buddies' w/ Tom Hanks?

"Do you ever get an idea for a meal, but you can't make it at the time for whatever reason?"
All the time Daphne.

Tonight it's Chinese almond chicken.