Cuisine at home Forums
Wednesday's Dinner, 2/10/16?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/10/16?? (/showthread.php?tid=175903)

Wednesday's Dinner, 2/10/16?? - cjs - 02-10-2016

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Yesterday I braised up this dish (and the 'tasting' was wonderful) -
Crispy Braised Chicken Thighs with Cabbage and Bacon

Substituting pork ribs for the chicken. Great flavors. We'll have this with noodles.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/10/16?? - losblanos1 - 02-10-2016

That looks really good.

It's burgers and fries for dinner tonight.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/10/16?? - Trixxee - 02-10-2016

Yes, that does look good. A lot of the same flavors as the dish I make with kielbasa.

Well, I woke up with a sore throat and not much energy and Tony has a sinus infection. I wanted to make the bacon wrapped shrimp Blane made the other day but I just don't know if either one of us will really appreciate it in all it's glory right now so will probably wait on that.

I have some cheese tortellini - maybe chicken tortellini soup for the sickies? I'll see what my energy level is later.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/10/16?? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-10-2016

Hope you two feel better soon, Trixxee!

Jean, the recipe looks and sounds delicious! Copied and saved and on the menu next week!

After all the rain over the weekend, cold air and bitter winds have moved in, so I put together all our favorite cold weather foods. William picked Kristie's Light Version for Zuppa Tuscana. If he wasn't counting on it, I'd be making that braised recipe! He doesn't like surprises too much. Especially when it comes to his food.

ARRRGGGG! No cauliflower, still! Plan B, Guiness Pot Roast. No stout of any kind! Plan C, Lasagna Soup. Ready to eat when he's ready. MERCY!

Jean, I've got a question about the braise recipe from Ashley. She loves the recipe, but she's worried about the bacon. Did you remove it before cooking the onion and cabbage? I told her the veggies would have enough moisture to keep the bacon from burning and that it said to cook the bacon until lightly browned, not crispy. She wants affirmation from the expert and one who has actually made it.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/10/16?? - cjs - 02-10-2016

I used salt pork which I had in the freezer. But had no problem with it burning in the 3 min. plus the onion released some moisture in its 4 min. Then the cabbage of course released a lot of moisture.

My stove runs hot, so I did the above on low heat. I don't think you'll have any trouble. I used ribs as I posted above so can't tell you if the timing for chicken is correct. I braised mine with ribs for about 1 1/2 hrs. At 325

Thanks, Jean. That's what I figured and what I told her. But she will feel better knowing you confirmed it. Little stinker doesn't always trust Mom's advice!

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/10/16?? - cjs - 02-10-2016

Shame on her!! Here's the dish with ribs and it was so comfy, rainy-day good!!
[Image: Feb%2010%20Ribs%20cabbage_zpscil1lkxd.jpg]

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/10/16?? - Mare749 - 02-10-2016

That looks and sounds delicious!

You have rain out your way? We got a boatload of snow and more on the way. I have a feeling there will be some little visitors coming in early tomorrow morning. I got the waffle iron and waffle mix out already. Now just need to think of a fun project to do with them.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 2/10/16?? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-11-2016

Looks yummy, Jean. Due to shopping limitations and other things beyond my control, I'm making this tonight with thighs. Looking forward to it!

So, Maryann, are you making waffles?