Cuisine at home Forums
Wednesday's Dinner, 12/9/15?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/9/15?? (/showthread.php?tid=174363)

Wednesday's Dinner, 12/9/15?? - cjs - 12-09-2015

Good morning all! Have decided to live after all.

What's on the menu for everyone today??

I had a spurt of energy yesterday so made meatloaf and roasted veggies. Will pick at that. But, I also thawed out a humungous turkey breast, so have to do something with that today, too. (maybe I'll just go back to bed.)

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/9/15?? - Trixxee - 12-09-2015

Glad you are feeling at least a little bit better! Norovirus is making its rounds locally and I hope to god we escape that nasty stuff.

We are having chicken soft tacos tonight. Maybe a side of pinto beans with cheese.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/9/15?? - DFen911 - 12-09-2015

Good to hear your on the mend Jean! Leftovers tonight. The lamb roast came out so good. Tomorrow using more leftovers for pita's

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/9/15?? - losblanos1 - 12-09-2015

Great decision Jean.

Today it's herbed goat cheese stuffed pork tenderloin with cherry-port sauce and roasted asparagus.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/9/15?? - Trixxee - 12-09-2015

Already changed my mind since I forgot I have a package of pumpkin ravioli to use. I'm going to make a sage cream sauce with toasted pecans. Butter lettuce salad on the side.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/9/15?? - Mare749 - 12-09-2015

We're just doing a quick dinner of soup and sandwiches. Two of the kiddos have an orchestra concert tonight.

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/9/15?? - karyn - 12-09-2015

We're doing a grilled steak salad. It's gorgeous and upper 60s today. I hate that I'm inside working!!

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/9/15?? - Gourmet_Mom - 12-09-2015

We didn't touch the salad stuff last night, so we are going to use that up tonight.

ETA: William decided he wanted Buffalo Wings with his salad. And HE cut them up AND cooked them!

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/9/15?? - cjs - 12-10-2015

Hey Barbara - how did your stuffed roast turn out?? Did I miss your review??

Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/9/15?? - BarbaraS - 12-11-2015

Jean,

It turned out very well. Same observation with the others who have made this - the cheese just runs out so fast.

I will be making this again and will try Boursin Herb and Garlic cheese. This reminds me of the other stuffed pork tenderloin C@H recipe that you notch the tenderloin and stuff the notch with Boursin, then wrap in prosciutto and then wrap in pastry dough.

Barbara