Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/10/15?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/10/15?? (/showthread.php?tid=171809)

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/10/15?? - cjs - 07-10-2015

What's on the menu for today??

LEFTOVERS!! We had a repeat dinner at our favorite P.A. restaurant, SoHo Asian Bistro last night - even Roy had the same dish, so we had lots to bring home.

I was hungry for peanut sauce, so asked owner to make something using it and yum, the nicest bacon wrapped scallops with peanut sauce. Then a bowl of Seafood with Coconut Curry Sauce. Love that dish and he won't give me the recipe!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/10/15?? - Trixxee - 07-10-2015

Thinking about this Noble Pig spaghetti dish. There are 2 italian sausages in the freezer so may grill those because Tony doesn't consider a dinner complete unless there is some kind of meat involved.

http://noblepig.com/2011/05/basil-spaghetti-with-cheesy-broiled-tomatoes/

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/10/15?? - cjs - 07-10-2015

darn, those tomatoes look so good!!!!

Thank God, Roy is finally willing (and doesn't even complain anymore ) to enjoy meatless dinners every so often!!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/10/15?? - Trixxee - 07-10-2015

I hope my tomatoes taste as good as they look!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/10/15?? - losblanos1 - 07-10-2015

That really looks good. Bookmarked.

I'm thinking burgers, but we'll see. I've got a dentist appointment and I'll have a numb mouth.

Oh, I hope Carylann gets a picture of your drooling at the table.......................

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/10/15?? - Mare749 - 07-10-2015

I do too! Forgot to do that when Ron went to the dentist a few weeks ago...

The Noble Pig recipe looks good, but I would have to add some meat to that. Ron can only do meatless once in a while, but he is getting better about it.

We are having a seafood alfredo dish that my friend Bernadette made up using a jar of alfredo sauce and a can of diced tomatoes to thin it out a bit. Very easy to warm up and all you have to do is saute some shrimp and scallops with a bit of garlic and olive oil then put it over pasta. On the side, we'll have some sauteed summer veggies.

I think I have the recipe for that dish from quite a while back, Maryann.

Oh my, our leftovers were so good - I roasted come cod and added to the l/o Coconut Curry Sauce. We ate all the seafood last night so I didn't have to ruin it by heating it up and the cod was such a nice addition. Love this dish!!
[Image: Jul%2010%20L.O.%20Coconut%20Curry%20sauc...rmh12r.jpg]

Looks like fish tacos with the other piece of cod tomorrow.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/10/15?? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-10-2015

That looks so good, Jean!!!!

The pasta dish with tomatoes, too, Trixxee!

We had steak night.