Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15?? (/showthread.php?tid=171670)

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15?? - cjs - 07-03-2015

What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm trying a lot of things this a.m. before it gets too hot in the kitchen, so don't know what all we'll be munching on.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15?? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-03-2015

Tonight is London Broil with baked potato and salad.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15?? - Mare749 - 07-03-2015

We are meeting some friends tonight at the driving range so the guys can hit a bucket of balls, then bar food at the restaurant that is on the premises. Very convenient because Joanne and I can sip cocktails and nibble on apps on the outdoor patio and watch the golfers. We have the perfect weather for it today.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15?? - karyn - 07-03-2015

We're having grilled, goat cheese stuffed, prosciutto-wrapped chicken breasts. I'll serve a salad and rice pilaf as sides.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15?? - losblanos1 - 07-03-2015

It's going to be another hot one today.

I wasn't sure what to make for dinner, so I'll just copy Karyn. Grilled Feta and ham stuffed chicken breasts with a vinaigrette and grilled asparagus.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15?? - Trixxee - 07-03-2015

Our weather is finally getting back to normal. It's only 71 in the house right now versus 76 first thing in the morning for the last week.

Thinking about a "hoisin burger" recipe with a sriacha mayo I saw on Noble Pig but not totally sold yet.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15?? - pjcooks - 07-03-2015

Lobster roll, chips and coleslaw here. Easy for a Friday, and lobster prices, while still not as low as last summer, aren't bad. I'm getting a lot of meat from those hard shells. Still wanting a rib eye, maybe tomorrow.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15?? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-03-2015

I'd take a good lobster roll over a rib eye any day, PJ!

William and I had a late lunch and what I planned for dinner is just too heavy. A friend brought by a HUGE cantaloupe that is calling me. She also brought peaches. And we still have lots of tomatoes. So it will be a veggie and fruit dinner tonight. Sounds good to me!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15?? - Mare749 - 07-03-2015

Daphne, did you see that recipe that Lorraine posted for me on Facebook? It's called a Baltimore Peach Cake and looks really good. I can't wait for local peaches to come in late August.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/3/15?? - cjs - 07-04-2015

I saw it and it sure looks good!