Cuisine at home Forums
Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15?? (/showthread.php?tid=171328)

Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15?? - cjs - 06-18-2015

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Bit of a whine here - I have chicken thighs dry-rubbed ready for the smoker today and now I remember we have Drs. appts. right smack dab in the middle of the morning to screw up my timing. Will have to have the thighs for a snack later, I guess. darn.

sure anxious to get back to smoking!!

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15?? - Trixxee - 06-18-2015

I'm going to make the zucchini parmesan soup from the soups & stews book since I bought a bounty of zucchinis at the farmer's market for $1 but Tony will be asking where the meat is so maybe I'll make some smallish grilled italian sausage, pepper and onion sandwiches.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15?? - losblanos1 - 06-18-2015

CA is making the BLT pasta salad that Daphne wrote a review on.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15?? - DFen911 - 06-18-2015

I thawed sirloin tip steaks. Not sure what I'm going to do, feeling something Asian though

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15?? - Mare749 - 06-18-2015

Ron wants burgers on the grill tonight. So, that and a mixed green salad.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15?? - cjs - 06-18-2015

Well, the minute the smoke started.....rain started also.

Oh well, it's light and a warm one so will go with the thighs. Smoked chicken thighs for an appie tonight.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15?? - karyn - 06-18-2015

Quote:

Ron wants burgers on the grill tonight. So, that and a mixed green salad.

Apparently John and Ron are on the same wavelength! That was John's request as well.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15?? - Gourmet_Mom - 06-18-2015

As I mentioned in the William Update thread, we spent all day going to doctor appointments. Since I knew this, I planned hot dogs with chili and French fries for dinner. I made the chili yesterday, so dinner will be fast and easy. He is resting from the long day, so we will eat kinda late today.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15?? - cjs - 06-18-2015

Can't believe I am finally using my smoker again!!! A whole year (plus a little)!! It smells so good and I also stuck some potatoes in to see what they will do. I think I should have pre-baked them a little first, but we'll see.

P.S. My friend that I wrote about a couple of years ago, 'The Pie Lady' ( http://artofthepie.com/ ) just called inviting us over to 'taste test' her Rhubarb custard pie......darn, I can't leave. So, friend that she is she's bringing it over! Wow. Probably ruin our dinners.

Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/18/15?? - karyn - 06-18-2015

Enjoy your chicken, Jean....and the pie! I'm going to check out her blog, but she sounds like a dangerous neighbor! Rhubarb Custard Pie...Yummm!!!