Cuisine at home Forums
The Folks of Louisiana!!!!! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: The Folks of Louisiana!!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=166772)

The Folks of Louisiana!!!!! - cjs - 12-08-2014

This thread will be a little disjointed, but bear with me – I cannot believe the people we are meeting here. I’m so shaggy (have not had a haircut since we left P.A.!), so drove to Lake Charles to a shop I’ve heard good things about. On the way, we stopped at Hackett’s Cajun Kitchen and picked up Boudin Sausage, Spicy Pork Sausage and Pork Tasso
http://www.hackettscajunkitchen.com/
[Image: Dec8SausagefromHacketts_zpsc3fdf8d1.jpg]

Did some running around and stopped back at Pat’s of Henderson – we’d been there a week or so ago and just had a ball with everyone. Nancy, the owner, is the one who took our Merry Christmas picture I posted on facebook – she and I just bonded immediately.
http://patsofhenderson.com/menu.html

Anyway, we had another wonderful lunch – I had Crawfish Fettuccine and Roy had Crawfish Gumbo

[Image: Dec8CrawfishFettuccine_zps0dea043c.jpg]

[Image: Dec8CrawfishGumbowwGeyserPeakCab_zps83e5ae61.jpg]

Our leftovers from Pat’s – my crawfish fettuccine (in the dish it was served in 'cause it had all that crusty goodness!!) and Roy’s crawfish gumbo and a loaf of bread!!!!

[Image: Dec8LeftoversfromPats_zpsa9b1e053.jpg]

AND THEN, as Nancy & I were talking, she said hold on I’ve got some things for you to play with -

[Image: Dec8NancysenthomefromPats_zpsf490e8bc.jpg]

Care pkg. from Pat’s:
1 3/4 lbs. of their corneal breading, 1 1/2 lbs. FRESH alligator, Sauce of some kind – hotter than hell, have to call & ask what it is, two pcs. Cheese cake with sauces and 2 unbaked loaves of their bread offering.
Unfriggin’believaable –

These people are just unbelievably kind around here.

AND THEN, these notes from the different wait staff – that we can all play with

Daniel – stuff mushrooms with crab cake mixture.
Tina – her mom makes her gravy when she makes Yorkshire puddings (in a muffin pan) with equal amounts of jus and black coffee.

Tina again – she makes:
Brown pork chops, set aside.
IN same skillet make a sauce of sliced peaches (canned are fine)
Nutmeg
Butter
Cinnamon
Granulated sugar & brown sugar
Milk to make creamy
S&P

Ya think we’re going to be eating for the next week high off the hog??????????????

Re: The Folks of Louisiana!!!!! - Mare749 - 12-08-2014

My goodness, Jean! No wonder you love LA so much! I would too. Guess I need to see more than New Orleans next time we go.

Re: The Folks of Louisiana!!!!! - karyn - 12-08-2014

What a great time and great people!!

Re: The Folks of Louisiana!!!!! - Gourmet_Mom - 12-08-2014

I'm so jealous of the alligator! Nice haul, Jean! Have fun! You'll be busy for days!!!

Re: The Folks of Louisiana!!!!! - DFen911 - 12-10-2014

I swear Jean you are our official Food Ambassador

Re: The Folks of Louisiana!!!!! - cjs - 12-10-2014

Come join us for a fast trip, Denise - after Laura leaves!

Re: The Folks of Louisiana!!!!! - DFen911 - 12-10-2014

I wish we could! But we're not taking any trips longer than a week or so because of Derek's dad. He could live another 5 years, but it really bothers me getting to far away if something happened. So we are keeping our trips to within 7 hours from home at the most. LA is about 6-7 days away

Someday we'll travel for real like you guys do