Cuisine at home Forums
Monday's Dinner, 3/24/14?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Monday's Dinner, 3/24/14?? (/showthread.php?tid=160323)

Monday's Dinner, 3/24/14?? - cjs - 03-24-2014

What's everyone having today??

I finally got my Carne De Res Deshebrada made yesterday (the dish Karyn made a few days ago) and from tastings, we'll have darn good tacos!1

Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/24/14?? - Trixxee - 03-24-2014

Tony is making chili out of the leftover grilled tri tip. Should be pretty good I think.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/24/14?? - Mare749 - 03-24-2014

I'm thinking of making almond chicken for dinner, but that could change because I would also like to make that linguine dish with the cherry tomatoes that Daphne mentioned recently.

For lunch, however, I made a delicious dish with sauteed broccoli rabe, garlic, and white beans. Really tasty.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/24/14?? - luvnit - 03-24-2014

We are going to have meatloaf and Company Potatoes (aka Mr. Dell's Potatoes) My favorite potato casserole!

Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/24/14?? - losblanos1 - 03-24-2014

I'm gonna fire up the grill tonight and make chipotle chicken burgers.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/24/14?? - Trixxee - 03-24-2014

I had to look up Mr. Dell's Potatoes. That's the same recipe my family has been making forever, I mean like 30 years, except we call them Sinful Potatoes or Those Potatoes. LOL. They have been on many a Christmas and Easter dinner table.

I will be making them myself to go with a honey baked ham next month for my son's birthday dinner.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/24/14?? - Cubangirl - 03-24-2014

Sous Vide top sirloin steaks with sous vide glazed carrots, salad and sous vide vanilla poached pears.

These steaks were even better than the NY strips we did earlier. Evenly medium rare throughout but nicely tender, yet beefy. We will use the torch to sear finish. Now in fridge waiting for quick rewarming and searing with the torch. The pears and the carrots use the same temp, so they'll go in together (obviously in separate bags.)

Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/24/14?? - Harborwitch - 03-24-2014

I think we'll have fish and chips tonight. I got some beautiful cod and I can do it in the deep fryer.

Still no oven! Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/24/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 03-24-2014

I was planning to do Hamburger Pie since it's going to be cold, but I asked William what he wanted. I hadn't expected a response since I rarely get one. Not today. A big salad with grilled chicken. He must have been really bad at lunch! LOL!

Re: Monday's Dinner, 3/24/14?? - Harborwitch - 03-25-2014

Bob took me to lunch - a great 1/2 lb bacon cheddar burger & fries that we split. Then an ice cream this afternoon. Skipping dinner.