Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/7/14?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/7/14?? (/showthread.php?tid=159981)

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/7/14?? - cjs - 03-07-2014

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Snacking around here, as I'll be cooking most of the day.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/7/14?? - Trixxee - 03-07-2014

Going on day 4 of a cold and I have to host a virtual horse racing contest from New Orleans from 11:30-2:00 so I don't think I'm going to have time for grocery shopping so take out it is! Might just be In and Out though.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/7/14?? - losblanos1 - 03-07-2014

I should have made this for Mardi Gras- Cajun Rubbed Filet with lobster & Remoulade, potato Confit and asparagus also.

Get better soon Trixxee.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/7/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 03-07-2014

Trixxee, I hope you feel better soon!

Blane, that sounds so good!

Jean, I hope you have had fun!

The week is finally over! I only ate half my steak and potato last night, so leftovers here! William and YS are staying at the farm tonight, so I have a quiet night with Cricket planned for the first time since early December! So looking forward to a peaceful, quiet night.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/7/14?? - cjs - 03-07-2014

I think this dessert is going to be spectacular.....not too unhealthy, either

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/7/14?? - Harborwitch - 03-08-2014

Bob grilled some burgers and made mashed potatoes with the last of the truffled goat cheese. OMG! OMG! OMG! I am afraid that those things could be bloody addictive. OMG! I hope we'll be able to get the cheese when we get home. OMG! Did I mention that Bob made the most amazing mashed potatoes?

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/7/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 03-09-2014

Sharon, they sound amazing! I probably won't be able to get truffled goat cheese, but I will definitely try that with regular!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/7/14?? - Harborwitch - 03-09-2014

Probably regular goat cheese and a dash of truffle oil - but the goat cheese itself gave such a nice "twang". How's that for a cooking term?

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/7/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 03-09-2014

Perfect! I've got the oil! Thanks!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/7/14?? - Harborwitch - 03-09-2014

. . . or goat cheese and truffle butter? LOL I'll get another log tomorrow and get the brand etc.