Cuisine at home Forums
Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14?? (/showthread.php?tid=158081)

Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14?? - cjs - 01-05-2014

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Leftover Mexican food to play with for a Sunday Brunch and a pkg. of salad 'stuff' a neighbor left us when they left the park to return a rental RV.

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14?? - labradors - 01-05-2014

Have been wanting to do something with the bean threads (cellophane noodles) that I got at that new supermarket, so I did some searching around and THIS sounded good, so that will be tonight's dinner.

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14?? - Trixxee - 01-05-2014

We're making the lasagna pizza roll ups from the new issue but we are making some changes (mushrooms for the green pepper), mozz for the provolone.

I never order green peppers on pizza but always order mushrooms so why not?

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14?? - cjs - 01-05-2014

Yum, that sounds good, Labs.

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14?? - losblanos1 - 01-05-2014

Tonight I'm finally going to make the grilled flank steak with yellow chili sauce (Aji Amarillo) and Peruvian mashed potatoes.

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14?? - labradors - 01-05-2014

Blane,

Do you have a recipe for the Aji Amarillo, or is it store bought? This new supermarket just so happens to have it available in jars.

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14?? - losblanos1 - 01-05-2014

Rob, it's store bought (Amazon). The recipe calls out for powdered Aji, I bought paste, I really need to pay more attention.

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14?? - Trixxee - 01-05-2014

Now you've got me adding this to my exotic grocery shopping list, Blane. I found the paste all over the place on line and like the achiote, I'm hoping my Latin market carries it.

And during my peruvian searches this morning, I found a grilled peruvian chicken recipe I'm going to make tomorrow.

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14?? - BarbaraS - 01-05-2014

Just before Christmas I made 3 small 8-layer lasagnas and gave away two but kept one for us. Finally we get our own lasagna! With bread and Caesar salad.

Barbara

Re: Sunday's Dinner, 1/5/14?? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-05-2014

Well, I guess a wedding trip includes dinners out, I guess a Bridal pure wedding Brunch would be the way to go. When I asked Karyn, she suggested several places and then added one she had mentioned on here before called Canoe . After looking at all the menus, we decided on brunch today. THANK YOU KARYN!

Best meal any of us have ever had! Brunch at Canoe in Atlanta recommended by a forum friend who lives here! Forgot to get a picture of basket of Sticky Buns and Sweet and Savory Scones that were PERFECT!

Andrew's (the Groom) entree:
"Shrimp and Crawdads", Soft Scrambled Eggs, Andouille Sausage and Creamy Grits.

[Image: image-3.jpg]

Aleana (the Bride) and her father both got this entree: Applewood Bacon with Scrambled with Scrambled Eggs, Andouille Sausage, French Toast, and Maple Bacon Syrup.
[Image: image-5.jpg]

Anitra's (the Bride's mother) entree: Smoked Salmon Eggs Benidict with Applewood Bacon.
[Image: image-4.jpg]

My appetiser 1: She Crab Soup with Lump Crab Meat and Cream Sherry
[Image: image-6.jpg]

My appetiser 2: House Smoked Salmon on Crispy Potato Pancake with Vermont Goat Cheese.
[Image: image-9.jpg]

William's entree: Duck and Beef Burger with Fried Egg, Wilted Spinach, Spicy Escarole, Picked Cabbage and Truffle Pommes Frites.
[Image: image-7.jpg]

And finally the waitress asked if we wanted dessert. We all said no, but when she described the Chocolate Truffle with Hazelnut Filling with a Caramel Center on a Dark Chocolate Torte, Anitra and my eyes locked.
[Image: image-8.jpg]

There was a great deal of sharing and laughter. Thanks again, Karyn! Thanks to that hit, we are trying AquaTerra Bistro for Dinner !!!!!