Cuisine at home Forums
Sharon & Bob - This One's For You!! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Sharon & Bob - This One's For You!! (/showthread.php?tid=157777)

Sharon & Bob - This One's For You!! - cjs - 12-30-2013

Hot Jalapeno and Chili Popper Dip

Only thing you have to do is watch you don't overbake this, otherwise it will separate. What I do is set the timer for 15 minutes. That seems to do it for me and it's nicely hot and the crumbs are golden--well, you can see the pics--but never more than 20 minutes! If you want more heat, add double the amount of the canned jalapeno peppers. The Midnight Baker, 12/30/13

2 pkgs (8 oz each) cream cheese at room temperature
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese*
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 can (4 oz) diced green chilis
1 can (4 oz) diced jalapenos
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a shallow 2-quart dish.

2. Process the cream cheese, mayonnaise, shredded Mexican cheese, parmesan cheese chiles and jalapenos in a food processor (not necessary to drain the liquid from the cans of peppers). I used my Ninja for this.

3. Spread the dip in the prepared pan.

4. Mix the Panko, Parmesan cheese and melted butter in a small bowl, mixing well.

5. Distribute the crumbs over the top of the dip.

6. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE as dip will separate. You want the crumbs browned and the dip hot, but not boiling hot.

7. If you can't find Mexican blend shredded cheese in your grocery store, a 1-to-1 mix of shredded sharp cheddar and shredded Monterrey jack is a good substitute.

Re: Sharon & Bob - This One's For You!! - Harborwitch - 12-30-2013

You know me so well! I think I will make this tomorrow. Did you use pickled jalapenos?

I think this will be a big hit when we get back to the course.

Re: Sharon & Bob - This One's For You!! - cjs - 12-30-2013

Just saw it this a.m. And thot of you guys.