Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/27/13?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/27/13?? (/showthread.php?tid=157661)

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/27/13?? - cjs - 12-27-2013

What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're startting out our day having a birthday brunch with Laura, Brad, Joe, & Maggie!

Later, I have pizza dough aging in fridge that I really should use up - something simple.

Saw this coming back to RV park yesterday - this one along with about 5 others. They were all over the sky and landed just past our park. We've been seeing them all week.

[Image: Dec26Balloonslanding_zps933cefc7.jpg]

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/27/13?? - labradors - 12-27-2013

Quote:

Saw this coming back to RV park yesterday - this one along with about 5 others. They were all over the sky and landed just past our park. We've been seeing them all week.

[Image: Dec26Balloonslanding_zps933cefc7.jpg]

Must be a ReMax convention.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/27/13?? - Harborwitch - 12-27-2013

I am not sure about dinner - but we are taking pizzas up to Billies to have with a wonderful bottle of Charbono we are going to share with Billie and Sandy.

I know one of them will be the grape jam, smoked duck, and goat cheese. Perhaps I'll just come home and make some more pizza.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/27/13?? - Mare749 - 12-27-2013

Isn't that fun? We got to see hot-air balloons one time when we were in NY. They fly over my SIL's back yard every summer. It's on my bucket list to go up in one.

This morning I made hand-cut noodles to go into a big pot of turkey stock. This is Ron's favorite "after the holidays" meal. The noodles are cooked in the stock, chopped l/o turkey is added and when it's all done, it's more like a bowl of noodles with some broth and less like a soup. He likes it on a mound of mashed potatoes and plenty of cracked pepper over the whole thing. Then we need a nap.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/27/13?? - Gourmet_Mom - 12-27-2013

Maryann, that sounds sooooo good! I'm hoping to do mine next week.....minus the mashed potatoes! LOL! That still blows my mind!

Not sure about dinner. We are headed to the mountains. Cricket had to have her ear lanced last night, so she and Olivia will be quite the pitiful pair. But we won't be bringing her back as planned. Just bringing back as much of their stuff as possible and the boat. Long two days! Gotta head back tomorrow to beat the weather.

So I am still flowing!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/27/13?? - Trixxee - 12-27-2013

Still summer here so I think I'll try the grilled tandoori shrimp and pineapple rice. Sort of burnt out on the usual vegetables so many some sauteed napa cabbage with it.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/27/13?? - DFen911 - 12-27-2013

Jean the big balloon festival is in 2 weeks, so probably a lot setting up and doing trial runs. What a fun thing to see

Dinner tonight - making the fool proof rib roast, twice baked potatoes and tossed salad for the fam

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/27/13?? - losblanos1 - 12-27-2013

Trixxee is that Tandoori shrimp the one with pineapple chutney? Love that one!

Tonight it's steak night, filets with port sauce-bleu cheese and asparagus.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/27/13?? - BarbaraS - 12-27-2013

Hey Denise! What is the recipe for that fool=proof Rib Roast?

We're having Christmas turkey and sides l/os.

Barbara

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/27/13?? - Trixxee - 12-27-2013

Quote:

Trixxee is that Tandoori shrimp the one with pineapple chutney? Love that one!

Yes! But I'm making pineapple rice instead of the chutney. We are also grilling them which I hope will be ok (recipe says saute).