Cuisine at home Forums
Alert! Make lots of Stuffing!! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Alert! Make lots of Stuffing!! (/showthread.php?tid=156869)

Alert! Make lots of Stuffing!! - cjs - 11-26-2013

Just saw this -

"STUFFING' WAFFLES

and, they sound so good

Re: Alert! Make lots of Stuffing!! - pjcooks - 11-26-2013

Why not? Sounds good to me. Now if I can remember to play on Friday.....

Re: Alert! Make lots of Stuffing!! - Lorraine - 11-26-2013

We made some last month, and loved them. Served them topped with leftover chicken, gravy, and cranberry sauce.

Re: Alert! Make lots of Stuffing!! - Harborwitch - 11-26-2013

OMG! I am making these for our Thanksgiving. D@mn those look and sound so good. If we were home and I had stuffing stuff Bob would be digging out the G-5 now.

Re: Alert! Make lots of Stuffing!! - Gourmet_Mom - 11-26-2013

Now to pray I still have a waffle iron!!!! We always have lots of stuffing left over!

Re: Alert! Make lots of Stuffing!! - pjcooks - 11-26-2013

I make a lot of stuffing and I never have any leftover-maybe providing takeout boxes isn't such a good idea......

PJ

Re: Alert! Make lots of Stuffing!! - Cubangirl - 11-27-2013

That made me think that I could put leftover stuffing on a cookie sheet, spread it and put it on toast for a few minutes. Get it hot again and nice and crispy.

Re: Alert! Make lots of Stuffing!! - Mare749 - 11-27-2013

Anything with stuffing looks good to me. Can't wait to hear who tries this.

Alina, you just gave me a great idea. Ron's favorite part of the stuffing is the brown and crispy part that's bursting out of the bird. I never thought to reheat the l/os under the broiler. Or is that not what you meant?

Re: Alert! Make lots of Stuffing!! - Cubangirl - 11-27-2013

The broiler would work fine. I would just use my Breville Toaster oven on the toast setting. I find it works great to crisp. For example, I love mini tater tots, so I bake them in the convection setting, but sometimes don't get them out immediately, so I reheat them by using the toast setting. I discovered they are even better because of the extra crispiness.

Re: Alert! Make lots of Stuffing!! - Lorraine - 11-27-2013

We made the waffles with plain leftover cornbread stuffing that he added a bit of egg to. If you don't have a waffle iron, they can easily be made into patties, fried and topped.