Cuisine at home Forums
Oldie Dessert Rememberd - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Oldie Dessert Rememberd (/showthread.php?tid=150427)

Oldie Dessert Rememberd - cjs - 05-03-2013

I'm craving a dessert, so made from the Carb Lover's book a chocolate pudding (and of course added some cayenne ) - but, while I was dreaming 'DESSERTS' I thought about an old one I haven't made for 20 years, I bet.

Bostom cream Pie - I remember as kids, my sister and I would rotate the 'pie' around to see where the most drizzle was and made mom cut our pieces there.

Re: Oldie Dessert Rememberd - DFen911 - 05-03-2013

Lol I've only had that dessert once in my life and it was when I was in culinary school

So keeping on my theme - I give you Boston Cream 'Shooter'

Re: Oldie Dessert Rememberd - cjs - 05-03-2013

Well, well, well now - guess I'd better do an addition of a little vodka in the filling.

Re: Oldie Dessert Rememberd - foodfiend - 05-04-2013

It's not an oldie dessert! My Mom makes at least 2 a year for 2 of my nephews who insist on Boston cream pie as their birthday cake (they're 25 and 20).

I was even able to eat a small slice last month during one of the celebrations and it was delicious-- at least this stupid gluten sensitivity hasn't kept me from eating this kind of thing entirely.

And Denise has inspired me to figure out a Boston cream pie shooter. We love the pineaple upside down cake shooter (pineapple juice, vanilla vodka, grenadine) so, darn it, I'm just going to have to work on this. If I can't eat my cake, I might as well be able to drink it!

Re: Oldie Dessert Rememberd - pjcooks - 05-04-2013

Quote:

It's not an oldie dessert! My Mom makes at least 2 a year for 2 of my nephews who insist on Boston cream pie as their birthday cake (they're 25 and 20).

On almost every menu here, as well as most Turkey Day and Christmas tables . Then again, it's New England.

PJ