Cuisine at home Forums
Cinco de Mayo?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Cinco de Mayo?? (/showthread.php?tid=150354)

Cinco de Mayo?? - BarbaraS - 04-29-2013

Hey All,

It's been like, NEVER, that I have made any Mexican-type food. What are you all doing for Cinco de Mayo?

Barbara

Re: Cinco de Mayo?? - Old Bay - 04-29-2013

Can you find our recipe for King Ranch Chicken in the index? Really good universal Tex Mex for all. The Mexicans like it too!

Re: Cinco de Mayo?? - chef_Tab - 04-29-2013

This isn't for Cinco de Mayo, but I made the chicken enchiladas from C@H's newest edition. They are in a baking pan for tomorrow's dinner and we will have refried beans and margaritas with them :-)

Re: Cinco de Mayo?? - cjs - 04-30-2013

All I know for sure yet is I always make flan. But the rest of the dinner is up in the air.

I have yet to use my little gordito press I picked up on the road, so they will probably be on the menu also.

Re: Cinco de Mayo?? - Trixxee - 04-30-2013

Maybe we'll make another batch of the taco stuffed pasta shells. Surely not real Mexican by far but I like the leftovers they leave for a busy Monday the next day.

Re: Cinco de Mayo?? - cjs - 04-30-2013

Well, here 's an idea for Sunday......

[Image: Apr30LangostiniTaco-Ready_zps51042d79.jpg]

Langostino tacos with homemade tortillas. Died and gone to heaven!!!!

Re: Cinco de Mayo?? - Old Bay - 04-30-2013

OMG, Jean, that looks delicious. Eye candy!

Re: Cinco de Mayo?? - foodfiend - 05-03-2013

Dinner will depend entirely on how tired I am after the spring yardwork. Maybe enchiladas, most likely tacos (grilled chicken with guacamole, or perhaps grilled salmon with a cabbage- tomatillo-avocado slaw...). I bought dried corn husks last month and hope to try tamales at some point, but they're a bit intimidating...

Re: Cinco de Mayo?? - cjs - 05-04-2013

Vicci – I’ve been wanting to make tamales again, also. Years ago I worked with a gal who made them and I learned a little from her. But it has been a long, long time.

I’ve decided to go the easy way for Cinco de Meyo tomorrow – Margaritas and Mexican pizza. But, we will have a dessert – flan! Love it.

Re: Cinco de Mayo?? - Mare749 - 05-04-2013

We just love Cinco de Mayo, but sadly there is no time to get it together. Tomorrow, Holly will be having Abby's First Communion party and I don't even know what she is having yet, except for the pasta salad that Katie made. (picture on FB)