Cuisine at home Forums
Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13?? (/showthread.php?tid=150225)

Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13?? - cjs - 04-25-2013

What's on the menu for everyone today?

I have a new book - well, not new, I picked it up on the road in January and I've made one dish from it. Hugh Carpenter and Teri Sandison's Fast Entrees.

Making 2 dishes from it today - using one of my Wagu steaks. I'm fixing 2 steaks so we can compare texture/taste/all that. with a pasta side.

Re: Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13?? - Trixxee - 04-25-2013

Sounds good Jean. Steak here also - Tony picked up some beautiful (though big) rib eyes at Costco. We will split it and I think I'm making a Diane sauce for them. Broccoli as one side, maybe some yellow rice too.

Re: Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13?? - luvnit - 04-25-2013

Steaks on the grill sound really good, but it's a little chilly here still. I am eyeing the Spaghetti Carbonara from the new [Email]C@H[/Email] Issue No. 99 (Wow! I wonder if they will do something special for issue No. 100!)

P.S. In this issue on Page 4 in Tips & Timesavers, they have the idea Sharon shared and posted with us about using the hanger to hold a cookbook open and hang it on the cabinet above. That idea was worth $100!!!!

(OOPS!!! I think you right Sharon. I think it was Jean that shared that. Great idea though!)

Re: Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13?? - Trixxee - 04-25-2013

I forgot about that tip! Genius!

Re: Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13?? - Harborwitch - 04-25-2013

I think that was Jean!

Jeff has 4 doz. oysters and I am tasked with getting shrimp and the other components of the meal. The weather is perfect so we'll be grilling! I think the Diablo Shrimp with french bread from the new grilling book and some asparagus will finish out the meal.

Re: Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13?? - cjs - 04-25-2013

Sharon, have you ever done the Parmesan & Herb Oysters??? Yum.

Re: Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13?? - cjs - 04-25-2013

Oh my Goodness - if you can buy some Wagu beef steak, I suggest it is SO worth it. We loved it. I just wish Ihad the vocabulary to properly describe it.

Wanted to keep the sides simple, so will save the pasta dish I was going to do for another day - went with grilled asparagus and mushrooms - YUM
[Image: Apr25Grilledmushroomsasparagus_zpscc590f35.jpg]

This is the steak just grilled -
[Image: Apr25GrilledWagusteak_zpsc96ed95b.jpg]

And the dinner was just fantastic with a bottle of Tobin James Cab. -
[Image: Apr25GrilledWagudinner2_zpsfcff5a14.jpg]

Happy campers!!!

Re: Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13?? - luvnit - 04-25-2013

That looks phenomenal! Great pics! I will show them to Brad when he gets home. Jealous!!!!!

Re: Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13?? - losblanos1 - 04-25-2013

I don't think that steak could have been cooked more perfect. The plating & pictures outstanding as always.

Tonight's dinner is burgers & fries. A 180 from Waygu beef.

Re: Dinner, Thursday, 4/25/13?? - BarbaraS - 04-25-2013

Soups and Grilled Cheese Sammies on steroids!!

Barbara