Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Tues. Dinner, 4/23/13?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Tues. Dinner, 4/23/13?? (/showthread.php?tid=150137)

What's for Tues. Dinner, 4/23/13?? - cjs - 04-23-2013

What's on the menu for everyone today?

We're having a Sunday Brunch today I have the other half of Jamison's pizza dough to use and since I screwed up the pizza ingredients yesterday (but, gotta say, the pizza was outstanding!!), I'm making a repeat with bubbly this a.m.

I found a soup from the 400 cal. book that looks really good that I want to add the last smoked pork chop to - we nibbled away one of them. I may even smoke some more veggies to add to the soup. They were so tasty.

Re: What's for Tues. Dinner, 4/23/13?? - Trixxee - 04-23-2013

Feta burgers still on pause. I think I'll be making chicken with the almond butter sauce, smashed or roasted red potatoes and a green vegetable of some sort. Need to go shopping.

Re: What's for Tues. Dinner, 4/23/13?? - Harborwitch - 04-23-2013

Tonight is roast beef, asparagus, and ????. I have the day off and no running around to do.

Re: What's for Tues. Dinner, 4/23/13?? - luvnit - 04-23-2013

I had to go grocery shopping today. We were out of a lot of stuff. I must have hit it just right because I got a lot of great deals at Sam's and Cub foods.

I got a Boston Butt for 1.29 lb. Any ideas for that?

Tonight I am making a chuck roast in the crockpot, mashed potatoes, rich beef gravy, and a Caesar salad. I picked up some freshly baked baguettes too.

Re: What's for Tues. Dinner, 4/23/13?? - cjs - 04-23-2013

How 'bout sausage??

Re: What's for Tues. Dinner, 4/23/13?? - luvnit - 04-23-2013

I don't have a grinder... Tongue shoot... I'd like to get one for my KA. I may have to price that out.

Quote:

I got a Boston Butt for 1.29 lb. Any ideas for that?

Can you use a Boston Butt for carnitas? I'm always getting the shoulder and butt confused.

Re: What's for Tues. Dinner, 4/23/13?? - losblanos1 - 04-23-2013

Jean, we're having brunch also. Rolled omelet with smoked salmon & Crème Fraiche with a side of asparagus. From Celebrate the Rain.

Re: What's for Tues. Dinner, 4/23/13?? - labradors - 04-23-2013

Trixxee, "Boston butt" IS the shoulder. The name comes from the type of barrel in which they used to ***** the meat, not from the shortened term for buttocks.

Thank you for clearing that up for me once and for all Labs! And now I'm craving carnitas.