Cuisine at home Forums
Julia Child fans! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Julia Child fans! (/showthread.php?tid=150061)

Julia Child fans! - foodfiend - 04-21-2013

I'm about halfway though "Dearie, The Remarkable Life of Julia Child" by Bob Spitz and am really enjoying it.

Thought I'd pass it along!

Re: Julia Child fans! - pjcooks - 04-21-2013

Thanks, Vicci, I'll call the library in the morning!

PJ

Re: Julia Child fans! - cjs - 04-22-2013

I've heard about that one, but haven't read it yet. Thanks for mentioning.

Re: Julia Child fans! - Gourmet_Mom - 04-22-2013

Thanks for the heads up, Vicci! It's been a while since I read a good biography.

Re: Julia Child fans! - mjkcooking - 04-23-2013

I'm going to look for this

Re: Julia Child fans! - labradors - 04-23-2013

As long as we're talking about the biography of a chef...

Just found that Amazon has the Kindle version of Grant Achatz: The Remarkable Rise of America's Most Celebrated Young Chef FREE today AND there IS a Kindle version of that Julia Child book that Vicci mentioned.

I had no idea who that Grant Achatz was, but upon googling, I found that he is the owner of Alinea (in Chicago), which is very highly regarded, so the book definitely sounds worth trying - especially when the Kindle price is $0.00. I'll review it after I've read it, but the freebie may only be available for today (or some of these freebies are for a couple of days).

Re: Julia Child fans! - cjs - 04-23-2013

I have Chef Achatz's (he of the uni-brow) book and I love it. I like his flavors.

Cool! Maybe this biography will be interesting, then. Apparently, he had a battle with cancer, a while back, that temporarily left him with no sense of taste but, fortunate for him, his taste did return.

Re: Julia Child fans! - cjs - 04-23-2013

Ooops, brain-fart moment. I'm mixing up two chefs. Chef Achatz does not have the uni-brow - can't think of the Chef Hugh ________ that does.

But still love Chef Achatz book.

Oh, yeah. LOL! I know him from Top Chef: Hugh Acheson.