Cuisine at home Forums
WAY over the top - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: WAY over the top (/showthread.php?tid=148547)

WAY over the top - labradors - 03-11-2013

Have any of you seen Bitchin' Kitchen?

I thought I had seen some crazy cooking shows before, but this is about as out there as it gets.

Re: WAY over the top - Old Bay - 03-11-2013

It is the ultimate in sensationalism--outragious--she is Food Channels "useful person" to appeal to the the other "useful idiots" in the sparse crowd that watches.

Re: WAY over the top - cjs - 03-11-2013

Somehow I didn't think this was a show for me so haven't seen it.

Re: WAY over the top - karyn - 03-11-2013

Quote:

Somehow I didn't think this was a show for me so haven't seen it.

Exactly!

Re: WAY over the top - labradors - 03-11-2013

Definitely aiming for a demographic they may not have reached, otherwise and it's actually in its third season, already.

I hope they don't apply the same treatment to Justin Warner. His show, Rebel Eats FINALLY starts up Saturday, March 30, at 10PM.

Re: WAY over the top - Trixxee - 03-11-2013

Just the sight of her and the kitchen irritate me. I watched 3 minutes, once.

Re: WAY over the top - Gourmet_Mom - 03-11-2013

I'm with you, Trixxee. I was willing to give it a chance, but 3 minutes was all I could take.

Re: WAY over the top - Old Bay - 03-11-2013

Quote:

I'm with you, Trixxee. I was willing to give it a chance, but 3 minutes was all I could take.

I watched several repulsive commercials and three minutes of a show--that is why my review was limited and restrained!!

Re: WAY over the top - Harborwitch - 03-11-2013

Ouch! We've watched her show (usually when we run across it by accident) and actually enjoyed it. It's campy and a bit strange - but we have actually cooked a couple of her recipes and they were pretty good. She had some shoes on one night that I'd have given my eye teeth for . . . 20 years ago. Oh well we're skewed and strange anyway.

Re: WAY over the top - Mare749 - 03-12-2013

Sharon, I think you may be more tolerant of her personality than some of us. I'm with the others, have only ever watched for a few minutes. She just gets under my skin.

There are so few cooking shows that I enjoy anymore, but I do watch Lydia, Cook's Country, and sometimes Kimchi Chronicles.