Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 2/28/13?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 2/28/13?? (/showthread.php?tid=148208)

What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 2/28/13?? - cjs - 02-28-2013

What's on the menu for everyone??

We're going to a little restaurant, 814A Texas Bistro in Comfort, TX (right up the road from us). It's a small place transformed from an old post office and I'm anxious to try Chef Millard Kuykendall's goodies!!

http://814atexasbistro.com/

But for breakfast, we're having our very last little summer truffle with buttered linguini and focaccia.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 2/28/13?? - Roxanne 21 - 02-28-2013

Japanese pork cutlet, rice and green beans.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 2/28/13?? - Trixxee - 02-28-2013

We are having a salad topped with pecan crusted chicken. I just got on the scale. Oy.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 2/28/13?? - Mare749 - 02-28-2013

Jean, that restaurant looks like a fun place to visit, and the menu looks very interesting. I would be tempted to try the quail.

Dinner tonight will be much like Trixxee's. I have some leftover rotisseried chicken, so will make a chicken caesar salad and 18 hour bread.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 2/28/13?? - Harborwitch - 02-28-2013

I would try everything on that menu! I drool everytime I see a covey of quail skittering across the golf course. It's been way too long.

The last time we had quail they were from Hebert's Custome Meats in Texas - they were stuffed with crawdad etouffe and wrapped in bacon. Bob cooked them on the grill . . . OMG

I don't know - it will depend on the water heater. It's raining, we have our Dr's appointments this am - and I guess I'm working this afternoon. I'm hoping the chicken is still okay.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thrusday, 2/28/13?? - cjs - 02-28-2013

Used my last little black summer truffle on pasta carbonara for lunch and it was just outstanding. Mondavi Chardonnay topped it off. I could eat this dish once a week now I like carbonara.....

[Image: Feb28TruffleLinguini_zpsfc3574f7.jpg]