Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19?? (/showthread.php?tid=147826)

What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19?? - cjs - 02-19-2013

What's on the menu for everyone?

Still collecting thoughts on octopus...

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19?? - Old Bay - 02-19-2013

Flank steak (London Broil style) and broccoli rabe.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19?? - cjs - 02-19-2013

Well, here is breakfast - just posted this on a Chef's Journey facebook page also. Thinking of a cookbook for using restaurant leftovers.....I know, doesn't seem like I can finish a cookbook and I'm thinking of another??????????????

Feb 19, 2013

Restaurant Leftovers hint #1 - either hold back scarfing down all your wonderful grits at dinner or order a side of grits specifically to take home. It's an easy way to have a dish that normally would be more expensive to make at home and/or your amount will be so much larger. One serving to play with at home is a good thing. Here is my Pimiento Cheese Grits (from Landry's restaurant) topped with homemade (my home) spicy turkey sausage patty and drizzled with jus from cooking the sausage.

[Image: Feb19LOgritsandspicyturkeypatty1_zps7d11a3c9.jpg]

Man, this was so tasty!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19?? - Trixxee - 02-19-2013

Still mulling it over but perhaps New England Clam Chowder. We had some at the race track the other day and it was really good. Weather-wise this would be a good choice today.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19?? - Mare749 - 02-19-2013

Trixxee, how funny, I just pulled out a recipe for clam chowder. That is probably what we will have today. Really crummy weather here, so it sounds just right.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19?? - cjs - 02-19-2013

Trixxee, did you have a good time at the track the other day?? You went with your sister's family, also, didn't you??

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19?? - Harborwitch - 02-19-2013

That looks really good Jean. Clever idea too.

I'm not sure what we're having. I have some lamb stew meat thawing in the fridge. We both have Dr. appointments in town this afternoon so I'm not sure what we'll get to make it into a dinner. I am thinking a Mongolian lamb dish on rice. But we'll see.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19?? - Trixxee - 02-19-2013

Great minds think alike Maryann!

Jean, we had a stupendous time. The weather was great, it wasn't crowded. My sister left her two boys with grandma so she and her husband were really able to relax.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19?? - DFen911 - 02-19-2013

Tonight I am doing Labs mystery dinner. Was going to do it lay night but had unexpected guests come thru town so went out instead.

I still have no clue what I am going to do

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19?? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-19-2013

I wanted something easy, so spaghetti sauce is simmering.