Cuisine at home Forums
Slightly OT - Drawer Slides - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Slightly OT - Drawer Slides (/showthread.php?tid=147543)

Slightly OT - Drawer Slides - BarbaraS - 02-11-2013

Hey All,

Last weekend while I had to go to work both days, Hubby did a great thing for me. When we remodeled and expanded the 1923 kitchen and house we bought we had a $15,000 budget for the kitchen, but splurged on custom-made wood cabinets that took up half our budget. No regrets.

To the right of the 1923 Quality gas stove (I wanted to keep that baby!) we had cabinets under-the-counter with slide-out drawers that were/are heaven. Didn’t do the same to the left and that’s where I store my baking cookware and leftover put-away containers. What a PITA to look for anything!

So Hubby was looking online for drawer slide inserts and found these at The Container Store:

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?produ...Ntt=simplehuman

We bought the largest size for our drawers and he offset the installation of the runners to favor the opening side of the cabinet. They’re beautiful and shiny chrome and fit in well with the wood color – medium-light oak stain.

So it you’re looking for sliding shelve inserts, look for Simple Human inserts and they warranty their slides for 5 years!

I’m in heaven!

Barbara

Re: Slightly OT - Drawer Slides - luvnit - 02-11-2013

Barbara!

That is awesome! What an attractive looking pull out! You should show us some pics of your kitchen!

Re: Slightly OT - Drawer Slides - Gourmet_Mom - 02-11-2013

I agree on the pics to get a perspective! But cool drawers.

Re: Slightly OT - Drawer Slides - cjs - 02-12-2013

Barbara, I'm assuming they are full-extension drawers/shelves?? Love them and Roy has been using them for our remodels for years. No more dark/can't reach shelves. We even have them in the trailer.

And, yes to pictures!!!!

Re: Slightly OT - Drawer Slides - BarbaraS - 02-12-2013

Yes Jean, they slide out completely! I wish I could post pics, but I don't have an account to any pic hosting site.

Barbara

Re: Slightly OT - Drawer Slides - Trixxee - 02-12-2013

Those look very handy, Barbara.

Re: Slightly OT - Drawer Slides - Roxanne 21 - 02-12-2013

We have a similar product in our kitchen drawers----remodeled about 12 years ago and just LOVE these drawers Everything is readily available without having to go on a major hunt for something that is not used very often.

PICS, please!!!!

Re: Slightly OT - Drawer Slides - BarbaraS - 02-26-2013

So I FINALLY got to put all my stuff back into the new drawer slides (looooong story). And guess what? I had discovered four mini tart pans I forgot I had! I have the 12" one, but completely forgot about the minis! Woohoo!

Making a new post for your fave tarts!

Barbara

Re: Slightly OT - Drawer Slides - cjs - 02-27-2013

Like Christmas, cleaning out drawers,huh, Barbara???