Cuisine at home Forums
Denise/Karyn & Bike Riders - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Denise/Karyn & Bike Riders (/showthread.php?tid=147381)

Denise/Karyn & Bike Riders - cjs - 02-08-2013

Thought this might be a book for you all -

Two-Up: Navigating a Relationship 1,000 Miles at a Time
by Lynda Lahman
Still free? Click Here to find out!
A thousand miles in under twenty-four hours? In a plane, sure. A car, maybe. On a motorcycle? That’s crazy. But that’s what it takes to earn membership in the Iron Butt Association, the world’s foremost organization for long-distance motorcycle riders. For these elite riders thousand-mile days in the saddle are so routine that for fun they turn them into cross-country scavenger hunts, awarding points for bonus locations along the way. The biggest of them all is the eleven-day Iron Butt Rally.
When Lynda asked Terry to take her for a ride on his motorcycle on their third date, she knew his passion was long distance riding. What she didn’t know was that within a few short months they would be navigating the complexities of falling in love, blending families and building a life together.
Becoming partners both on and off the bike, they found themselves charting a course through intense heat, bitter cold, exhaustion, disappointment, and exhilaration in the world of competitive riding, culminating in their entry into “The World’s Toughest Motorcycle Competition.”

Re: Denise/Karyn & Bike Riders - DFen911 - 02-08-2013

Lol Derek and I are a member of that "club" but now we set a limit on riding distance. I can't relieve him when he gets tired. So we only do about 500 at a time now (that's about 8 hours in the saddle).

Such an interesting experience doing a trip on a bike vs a car.

Re: Denise/Karyn & Bike Riders - karyn - 02-08-2013

We've never ridden 1,000 in one day, but 500 miles isn't too uncommon....
That looks like a great book, Jean. Thanks for sharing!

Re: Denise/Karyn & Bike Riders - cjs - 02-08-2013

Thought of you two immediately!!

Re: Denise/Karyn & Bike Riders - Old Bay - 02-09-2013

Quote:

Lol Derek and I are a member of that "club" but now we set a limit on riding distance. I can't relieve him when he gets tired. So we only do about 500 at a time now (that's about 8 hours in the saddle).

Such an interesting experience doing a trip on a bike vs a car.

I'm a wuz-- 500 in a car is my goal!!