Cuisine at home Forums
Looking for a salad recipe - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Looking for a salad recipe (/showthread.php?tid=146953)

Looking for a salad recipe - Mare749 - 01-28-2013

Last week someone posted in the dinner thread that they were making a salad and trying to copy one from Costco, I think and it had brussel sprouts in it. I have gone through many pages of dinner threads and cannot find it again. Whoever you are, would you share your recipe?

Thanks so much.

Re: Looking for a salad recipe - cjs - 01-28-2013

I rmember that, but can't remember either who it was. Something about it caught my eye.

Re: Looking for a salad recipe - Trixxee - 01-28-2013

Alina posted this on Thursday.

Costco Sweet Kale salad kit: broccoli, Brussels sprouts, green cabbage, kale, chicory, with a poppy seed dressing and dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds. We will probably add some spinach and cucumber and either toasted almonds or pine nuts."

Re: Looking for a salad recipe - Mare749 - 01-28-2013

Thank you! That sounded so tasty and something I would like to try.

Alina, if you see this, how did the salad turn out?

Re: Looking for a salad recipe - Harborwitch - 01-28-2013

It does sound good! Were the kale and chickory shredded???

Re: Looking for a salad recipe - Cubangirl - 01-28-2013

I have not made it exactly as the package, DH doctored a TJ's mix of chard and kale, not sure what else, by adding Brussels sprouts and instead of slicing them in a mandoline, he just put a few in the mini food processor, also added avocado, cranberries, pumpkin seeds to the mix. I had a huge bowl and added a whole ripe sliced d'anjou pear and could not stop eating it.

I am having leftover roast chicken and veggies, so won't make it tonight. I'll post when I do, possibly tomorrow.

Re: Looking for a salad recipe - Mare749 - 01-29-2013

I will be looking for that, Alina. And, if you make your own dressing, please post that as well.

One question I have regarding the brussel sprouts. Are they eaten raw or blanched first. I have never eaten a raw brussel sprout or raw kale for that matter.

Re: Looking for a salad recipe - esgunn - 01-29-2013

That raw brussel Sprout salad I posted around Thanksgiving was so good! I will have to keep my eye out for this salad at Costco. Haven't seen it.

Re: Looking for a salad recipe - Mare749 - 01-29-2013

Oh, I hope I coped that one, Erin! Going to look right now!

Re: Looking for a salad recipe - Cubangirl - 01-30-2013

All the salad ingredients we used are raw except for the nuts and seeds which are toasted. We have been making a lot of salads with raw kale. I really like it. The pieces are small though. Ditto for the chard. The brussells sprouts we treat as the cabbage they are, so no blanching. Steve used a mandoline and a mini fp, I just sliced them super thin with a knife. Some times we've added some sort of the lettuce or baby spinach, but the last had neither. DH made the dressing, so don't know proportions but basically a plain vinaigrette with no mustard, and some Splenda.