Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012?? (/showthread.php?tid=144577)

What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012?? - cjs - 12-11-2012

What's on the menu for today?

We're having a pizza party tonight, so making 4 pizzas - not sure yet what kinds. Still have to figure out an appie and a dessert. Simple goodies.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012?? - Trixxee - 12-11-2012

I pulled some marinara sauce out of the freezer and I think there are a couple of meatballs in there to go on top of some cheese ravioli. Green salad on the side.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012?? - DFen911 - 12-11-2012

A party? With who?

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012?? - cjs - 12-11-2012

Roy's daugher Debbie, boyfriend Mike (who is a doll!) and as I'm calling him now, my 'bonus'-grandson, Phillip.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012?? - luvnit - 12-11-2012

Bonus grandson! I love it. I will have to remember that.It sounds nice. So does a party!

I have no flippin' idea what we are having for dinner. I must straighten up the kitchen.

I stayed home with my sweet little boy today. Touch of a fever and sore throat. After a day home with mom he seems healthy and in good spirits. It must be a Christmas Miracle! J/k... But it always does amaze me what a little TLC can do. Thankfully I am home and CAN do it.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012?? - Gourmet_Mom - 12-11-2012

We're having Taco Salad.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012?? - losblanos1 - 12-11-2012

Tonight's it's spiced chicken breasts with pineapple chutney and a side of asparagus.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012?? - cjs - 12-11-2012

O.K., my menu is set in stone

Garlic Roasted Prawns with cocktail sauce and Lemon aioli

Pizzas -
cheese (just a goopy cheese and sauce pizza!!)
Olive(Kalamata), Fontina & Pine nut
Sausage, Mushroom & Leek
Mexican

Roy found a bakery locally and picked up lemon bars and a couple cupcakes for dessert.

All is prepped and ready to go and I sure hope it doesn't start sprinkling before I get them all grilled!!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012?? - karyn - 12-11-2012

Have fun, Jean! Do you do a sauce with the olive, fontina and pine nut pizza? It sounds like something I'd rally like, but I don't know if I'd use a red sauce, so I'm interested in your thoughts.

We were going to have a spinach salad topped with skirt steak and a red wine vinaigrette, but I drank the last of the red wine last night (hic). Oops! That'll be on the menu tomorrow. Tonight we're freezer diving.

Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., Dec. 11, 2012?? - Harborwitch - 12-11-2012

Oh Jean what fun you must be having! The menu is making me drool.

We're having the leftover chicken from last night, noodles, and some veggies. Easy - I spent the day trying to learn to design forms in Visual Basic. Now I know what NOT to do. Tomorrow will be better!