Cuisine at home Forums
What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12?? (/showthread.php?tid=143291)

What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12?? - cjs - 11-06-2012

What's for dinner?

Didn't find an heirloom, but we're having BLTs (BBTs if I can find some good basil) with our new batch of bacon. I'm making 'buns' out of a 9 oz. pizza dough round, maybe three (each ~3 oz.)?

And, today is granddaughter Amanda's birthday!! THAT'S ALL, FOLKS! for November - until Lorraine's b'day on the 11th. Whew.

Re: What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12?? - Trixxee - 11-06-2012

I just loved that pesto parmesan panko tilapia I made last night so I'm doing that again. For something so simple it sure was good. I probably would have paid $20 for a meal like that at our favorite seafood restaurant.

I have leftover orzo & vegetable pilaf as the side.

Re: What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12?? - karyn - 11-06-2012

You've had quite the birthday marathon, Jean!

We're having tortilla soup for dinner tonight. I'm in the mood for warm, easy, comfort food.

Re: What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12?? - Mare749 - 11-06-2012

Family night tonight, so we will be having Cordon Bleu Stuffed Chicken from Weeknight Menus, oven roasted veggies, and mashed potatoes.

ETA: Sorry Jean, I got distracted. Happy Birthday Amanda!

Re: What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12?? - Harborwitch - 11-06-2012

Wow Jean - another happy birthday.

We're having Spaghetti with a meat sauce tonight. I'm going to try to get it done early. The "boys" will love it. I think a salad and garlic bread will be the sides.

Re: What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12?? - Gourmet_Mom - 11-06-2012

Jean, be sure to wish Amanda a Happy Birthday from me! She's one blessed young lady!

When I was getting groceries yesterday, my butcher told me ribs were going on sale Wednesday and offered to mark me some down early. He knows how much i love them! Having a good butcher like that really helps! So ribs and corn on the cob are on the menu tonight. Not sure about the other side.

Re: What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12?? - cjs - 11-06-2012

I have had such a hankering for ribs, I can hardly stand it. Roy's German ribs and all that German 'stuff' sure didn't do it for me.

Re: What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12?? - losblanos1 - 11-06-2012

Happy Birthday Amanda!

We're having a small B'day dinner for my oldest (step)daughter, so I'm cooking one of her favorites- Chicken cutlets w/ almond butter sauce, julienned carrots and buttermilk mashed potatoes, for her B'day cake I bought a "Tiramisu bar cake" at the bakery (no time for me to bake one).

[Image: Tiramisu.jpg]

Re: What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12?? - Gourmet_Mom - 11-06-2012

Oh, Jean! i know what you mean! i have to have me some traditional sticky, messy ribs at least once a month or two! william is not a huge fan, but he's a sport about it! i always try to follow with one of his favorites to be fair.

Blane, I'd eat that! I mean the whole thing! LOL!

Re: What's on the Menu for Tues., 11/6/12?? - Trixxee - 11-06-2012

Oh god - tiramisu is one my family's favorite desserts. Even picky Michael will eat it. I usually buy a couple of frozen ones from Trader Joe's around the holidays. I just love tiramisu!