Cuisine at home Forums
What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12?? (/showthread.php?tid=143244)

What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12?? - cjs - 11-05-2012

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Roy is having the first of his 3 B'day 'frozen dinners' and I'm having a grilled cheese sandwich (with AMERICAN/VELVEETA cheese.... )

Oh, and today is granddaughter Jen's birthday...whew and we ain't done yet.

Re: What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12?? - Harborwitch - 11-05-2012

Happy birthday Jen!

After looking at the pizza pictures you and Daphne posted yesterday I think I am going to play with . . . PIZZA. I have some leftover pork that is ready to become carnitas. Now I am considering the rest of the toppings - and want to play with a crust using some of my stoneground corn meal.

I also need to bake off the last batch of the custard rich rolls so we can make some more of those sandwiches.

Re: What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12?? - Trixxee - 11-05-2012

From Cuisine Lite I'm making the parmesan and pesto crusted halibut though I'm using tilapia and the orzo with tomatoes and zucchini it is paired with.

Re: What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12?? - karyn - 11-05-2012

I'm trying the Creole Rock Shrimp with Bacon from the latest issue, but I couldn't find rock shrimp, so we're just using the fresh shrimp that I could find at the store.

Re: What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12?? - losblanos1 - 11-05-2012

A couple of weeks ago I made a steak Diane recipe from Julia Child that was reprinted in Cuisine at Home, issue #49. It was so delicious that I could not stop thinking about it, that's what's for dinner tonight, along with mashed potatoes and asparagus.

Re: What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12?? - Mare749 - 11-05-2012

We had Italian and Squash Soup with Olive Bruschetta, from Cuisine's Soups, Stews & Chilies. Great cold weather soup.

Re: What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12?? - Gourmet_Mom - 11-05-2012

Everything sounds so good! Maryann, I need to make that one again. It's one of William's favorites.

I spent some time on Pinterest this weekend and pinned a few things. It came in handy today on the way home. I had a late day and needed something fast and easy. So we're having Smoked Sausage and Potatoes with a side of green beans. It's supposed to be a skillet recipe, but I'm doing it in the oven.

Re: What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12?? - Harborwitch - 11-06-2012

Jean! I have just eaten the best pizza I think I've ever made. Details and pictures tomorrow! (Okay Bob says the only pizza better was the jalapeno popper mac & cheese pizza!)

Re: What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12?? - cjs - 11-06-2012

good, Sharon - anxious to see.

Daphne, will you explain Pinterest to me (maybe in a p.m.?) - When I pin something doesn't it turn up on my facebook?? I'm not sure what to do with it.

Re: What's on for Dinner, Mon., 11/5/12?? - Harborwitch - 11-06-2012

Carnitas Pizza with Stoneground Cornmeal Crust

Stoneground cornmeal added an amazing layers of flavor to this! There was a crunch that was perfect, and the cornmeal had such a "corny" taste. Yum.
1/2 Jar of bottled salsa (I didn't have fresh, darn it)cream cheese, cheddar cheese, carnitas, sliced jalapenos and scallions, halved cherry tomatoes, and some parm on top!
[Image: IMG_7508.jpg]

Ready for the burner and then the oven:
[Image: IMG_7509.jpg]

Out of the oven and ready to slice!
[Image: IMG_7511.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7512.jpg]

Served with a drizzle of chipotle tabasco (I wasn't crazy about it, detracted from the flavor of the carnitas!) and a scoop of guacamole! Yum
[Image: IMG_7514-1.jpg]