Cuisine at home Forums
Ooops - What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/22/12?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Ooops - What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/22/12?? (/showthread.php?tid=142589)

Ooops - What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/22/12?? - cjs - 10-22-2012

Whew, almost forgot.

We're having freezer food all day - stew for lunch and Corn/clam chowder for later.

No cooking today - giving the poor stove a rest.

Re: Ooops - What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/22/12?? - farnfam - 10-22-2012

I bought a pumpkin a week or maybe even two weeks ago so, having that tonight in a chicken curry

Re: Ooops - What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/22/12?? - Roxanne 21 - 10-22-2012

Just a garden vegetable soup with crackers----got my cholesterol results today---NOT TOO GOOD Gotta change my diet a bit---that should do the trick....GEESH!!!

Re: Ooops - What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/22/12?? - Trixxee - 10-22-2012

Leftovers....perfect roasted chicken (the wings were so good and crisp - two bad there are only two on a bird), stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and asparagus (still on sale for $1.99/lb and looks good).

Oops, I mean "too" bad. Can't spell or use correct grammar today.

Re: Ooops - What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/22/12?? - Harborwitch - 10-22-2012

We had to stop at Safeway to get gas - we got some ground turkey and some other odds and ends. Then a stop at Sunny Farms (it is affiliated with the one in Othello Jean) and got beautiful Brussels sprouts on the "hoof", leeks, beets, a beautiful crusty loaf of whole grain bread, "savory clams", 2 beautiful fennel bulbs, and some other goodies. Then a stop at Trader Joe's for some wine (a lovely Vihno Verde to go with the clams).

If all goes as planned, steamed clams with crusty bread, turkey meatloaf, horseradish mashed potatoes, and brussels sprouts. Otherwise it's going to be pasta with the steamed clams and fennel with the crusty bread. Oh my! I'm so inspired to create wonderful stuff.

Re: Ooops - What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/22/12?? - losblanos1 - 10-22-2012

Pressed pork belly with thyme-garlic sauce, potato confit and *drumroll* asparagus ($2.99 a pound).

Re: Ooops - What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/22/12?? - luvnit - 10-22-2012

Well, I have just been working and working my fingers to the bone. So I put a Pioneer Woman Enchiladas dish from the freezer into the oven, and making a batch of rice to go with it.

Oh, and wine... must have wine

Must have wine!

Re: Ooops - What's for Dinner, Monday, 10/22/12?? - DFen911 - 10-22-2012

Put a nice rump roast in the oven with some veggies for dinner here's hoping it'll get done in time...hoping I wasn't at Costco too long

I swear to God I can smell it! mmmmmmmmmmm.