Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12?? (/showthread.php?tid=141956)

What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12?? - cjs - 10-08-2012

What's on the menu for everyone today?

As I was going thru my panini book the other day, I ran across Michael Chiarello's instruction booklet that came with my machine. You're not going to believe one of the things he mentions doing with the machine....grilling steaks! beef steaks. It sounds so impossible, that I have to try it and I guess it helps that I have a backlog of steaks in the freezer. If they turn out like my m-i-l's 'grey meat' I'm going to be really annoyed.

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12?? - Mare749 - 10-08-2012

I hope it works out for you, Jean. Just want to mention that one of the reasons we gave away our George Forman grill, is because it would "steam" the meat, and this was the large grill that could hold six hamburgers. It also had variable heat control, but even that didn't help.

Which panini machine do you have?

ETA: Almost forgot this is the dinner thread. Not sure yet...

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12?? - cjs - 10-08-2012

I have Michael Chiarello's....we'll see.

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12?? - Trixxee - 10-08-2012

We are having leftovers - pork chile verde and pinto beans. Easy peasy.

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12?? - Harborwitch - 10-08-2012

Stuffed cabbage is the plan. We'll have to see.

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12?? - karyn - 10-08-2012

Sorry I've been AWOL...we lost our phone service last Friday and consequently our DSL so I've been without an internet connection, except on my phone. I cannot believe that it took AT&T 72 hours to send out a lineman!

All is good now though. It got really cold here today, so we're having Cincinnati Chili--warm comfort food.

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12?? - cjs - 10-08-2012

I'm starting a new thread for panini makers....

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12?? - Mare749 - 10-08-2012

Good idea, Jean. I really want one.

Ron is cooking chicken on the charcoal grill with a little smoke, and I made a creamy roasted vegetable soup to start, and a big chopped salad to go with.

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12?? - farnfam - 10-08-2012

Early dinner today. It was black bean soup and cheese quesadilla
It's already pretty cold here

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 10/8/12?? - losblanos1 - 10-08-2012

Mini meatball lasagna, except I'm not going to roll meatballs out, I'll just saute the beef mixture. Asparagus for the side. Dessert will be the blueberry swirl cheesecakes from the new Cuisine for Two.