Cuisine at home Forums
Party Dessert: Blackberry Supremes - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Party Dessert: Blackberry Supremes (/showthread.php?tid=140629)

Party Dessert: Blackberry Supremes - cjs - 09-08-2012

These are great little tidbits for a party - home or catering. Just one bite (or like me, 2 bites...... )

[Image: HarbingerBlackBerry2.jpg]

For the winery last night we placed one on each napkin for handing out and this worked perfectly. Gave out about 40 recipes also, they were all gone - recipes and goodies.

Blackberry Supremes

Tarts:
15 oz pkg. piecrust
--------
Filling:
1/3 cup cold water
2 Tbs cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbs unsalted butter, cut in pieces
pinch of kosher salt
1 pint blackberries
1 Tbs crème de Cassis
------
Garnish:
3 oz cream cheese
2 Tbs butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar

Tarts:
Unfold piecrusts; press out fold lines on a lightly floured surface. Cut piecrusts with a 2 1/2 inch star-shaped cutter and fit into lightly greases miniature muffin pans.

Bake at 380°F for 4 minutes; rotate pans in oven and continue baking 4 more minutes. Let rest in pans 5 minutes then turn out on a cooking rack.

Filling:
In a heavy saucepan, whisk together the cold water and cornstarch; add the sugar and continue whisking until sugar is incorporated. Add the butter pieces, salt and blackberries and bring to a boil over moderate heat. When mixture begins to thicken, turn the heat to low and whisk continuously for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add the crème de cassis. Allow the mixture to cool and use to fill the tarts.

If you prefer a smoother filling (which makes it easier to pipe into the tart shells), transfer the filling to a food processor and pulse a few times to break up the berries.

Topping:
With a mixer, cream the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla; add the sugar a little at a time and keep the mixer on low to incorporate into the cream cheese mixture.

To finish the tarts:
Spoon or pipe the blackberry mixture into tart shells; pipe or dollop with cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with addt’l powdered sugar, if desired.

Yield: Makes 20 tarts

-------------
The tarts can be made up to 2 days ahead and the filling 1 day ahead. So, makes for a nice put together dessert at the last minute.

Re: Party Dessert: Blackberry Supremes - Mare749 - 09-08-2012

Those look delicious, Jean, and the kind of dessert that I wouldn't pass up. Thanks for posting this. Sounds quick and easy for a party, or in my case, for a family gathering.

Re: Party Dessert: Blackberry Supremes - Gourmet_Mom - 09-08-2012

That looks really yummy! Good job!

Re: Party Dessert: Blackberry Supremes - Trixxee - 09-08-2012

Perfect portion size so you don't feel too guilty! Beautiful.

Re: Party Dessert: Blackberry Supremes - karyn - 09-08-2012

Those are beautiful! I'm going to keep them in mind for the next time I need to bring a dessert!!

Re: Party Dessert: Blackberry Supremes - BarbaraS - 09-09-2012

Those look so good!

Barbara