Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/30?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/30?? (/showthread.php?tid=140258)

What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/30?? - cjs - 08-30-2012

What's on the menu for today for everyone?

I'm making another old C@H favorite Pork & Mushroom Stew from issue #83. Think we'll have it over nooodles. Need to make some new salad dressings, so proably a green salad, also.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/30?? - Mare749 - 08-30-2012

We're having Herbed Fried Chicken from the new Cuisine Tonight for two. Ron doesn't like grits, so we'll probably have mashed potatoes and broccoli.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/30?? - Roxanne 21 - 08-30-2012

Just boerwors and corn on the cob--green salad...Hubby is a little under the weather but that's okay!

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/30?? - cjs - 08-30-2012

what, pray tell, are 'boerwors' (uh, boar...?)

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/30?? - Trixxee - 08-30-2012

Spouseless one more night - parmesan panko chicken breast and watermelon.

Well, this was quite a fusion dish, but we sure enjoyed it.

The Pork & Mushroom Stew (Issue #83) was as usual very good, but this time since my thyme died...I used rosemary (fresh of course) and I loved it.

I also had top Ramen noodles to do something with, so made a Szechuan noodle dish to put under the stew and it was just a taste-popping mouthful of flavor!!

[Image: PorkMushroomStewwSzechuannoodlesAug30.jpg]

Probably most folks would not like the combination of these flavors, but we loved it. Oh and since the master recipe said to serve the pork stew with diced apple, I fried diced apple with butter and garnished. Next time Roy want me to do slice apples sauteed in butter so he can have more apple.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/30?? - Mare749 - 08-30-2012

Well, it sure looks like a mouthful of good flavors, Jean!

Plans have changed. I just got home from helping my girlfriends close up their mom's apartment and I'm beat. So, it's going to be grilled chicken breast club sandwiches and tator tots, so I don't have to think...

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/30?? - losblanos1 - 08-30-2012

That looks really tasty Jean.
I received my new pizza stone yesterday (with a really nice aluminum peel) so tonight it's Chicken, spinach & artichoke calzones on the grill.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/30?? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-30-2012

Everything looks and sounds so good. I'm so beat, I decided to do Jean's Chicken Lo Mein. It's fast and easy and William has agreed to prep my veggies. I was so tired last night, I woke up this morning in the exact same position I went to bed in....didn't move all night. Getting back in the groove is tough!

I did have a breakthrough this evening. We have a new curriculum this year and we have to design a cross curricular thematic unit for each term. I figured out how to fit in the theme my team picked and how to make the new curriculum work with my novel units. That is a HUGE hurrdle for me and will make lesson plans a synch for the rest of the year. I'm too old and been at this too long to have to make such a big change. Luckily, what I've been doing fits in with the "new idea" better than what others will have to do. I am lucky to have come from 15 years at a school that was always ahead of the times.

Man, Daphne, sounds like you're already back in the 'groove' - wow.