Cuisine at home Forums
Cuisine for Two cookbook (Vol 4) - Reviews - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Cuisine for Two cookbook (Vol 4) - Reviews (/showthread.php?tid=139116)

Cuisine for Two cookbook (Vol 4) - Reviews - cjs - 08-07-2012

Since this is a new book, why not start a review thread of its own?? I'll make it a sticky for a while.

Re: Cuisine for Two cookbook (Vol 4) - Reviews - cjs - 08-07-2012

Blane posted the first review from this book and here it is.
------------------------

This recipe is from the newest Cuisine for Two cookbook (Vol 4), Holy Cow!! It is so delicious. I want to start a Labor day dinner review, this recipe is my choice.
Oh, wait, it doesn't work like that.

[Image: HerbFriedChicken.jpg]

Blane
============

Re: Cuisine for Two cookbook (Vol 4) - Reviews - Trixxee - 08-07-2012

I might have to buy this book even though we are on such a strict budget right now. What's $9.95?

That gravy looks so good!

Re: Cuisine for Two cookbook (Vol 4) - Reviews - cjs - 08-07-2012

me too, Trixxee.

Re: Cuisine for Two cookbook (Vol 4) - Reviews - Mare749 - 08-07-2012

Funny this should come up. The picture that Blane posted made me order the book last night.

Re: Cuisine for Two cookbook (Vol 4) - Reviews - Trixxee - 08-07-2012

I just bought it. Something good to look forward to in the mail....

Re: Cuisine for Two cookbook (Vol 4) - Reviews - losblanos1 - 08-07-2012

This is a great idea, thanks Jean. First of all that wasn't much of a review, so I'll add a few more comments. I pounded out the chicken breast (1/2 inch or so) and shortened the cooking time to about three minutes on the each side. The gravy required more then 1/2 cup of milk, I just poured more in until I got the consistency that I was looking for. Trixxee, this gravy was delicious. My wife said this was like Chicken Fried Steak, using chicken. In my opinion, this recipe was worth the $9.95.
A solid 10!
One more thing, it's easy to make.

About the cookbook, I won't mention what's in it except there's a few repeats. Well, I'll mention one, Taco salad that I hope to make Sunday. It's funny how those taco salad threads showed up. I'll need to make tortilla bowls.

Here's the recipe-

[Image: img036.jpg]

Re: Cuisine for Two cookbook (Vol 4) - Reviews - Gourmet_Mom - 08-07-2012

Okay, I'm sold! Just made my order! I was a little concerned with your mention of repeats, so I took a look at it on the website. I saw enough new stuff that I was satisfied I'd get my money's worth. Thanks!

Re: Cuisine for Two cookbook (Vol 4) - Reviews - cjs - 08-08-2012

Mine is ordered also, so slow down everyone...

Re: Cuisine for Two cookbook (Vol 4) - Reviews - losblanos1 - 08-13-2012

This is the chicken taco salad with corn/black bean salsa. Page 13. No review, no comments.

[Image: Chickentacosalad2.jpg]