Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16?? (/showthread.php?tid=138253)

What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16?? - cjs - 07-16-2012

What's on the menu for today for everyone?

Since I have so many leftovers and I still have lots of recipes to make one more time for the pantry book, guess I'll be pretty boring for a few days.

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16?? - luvnit - 07-16-2012

Just got back from a 10 mile bike ride with a neighbor fellow. Such a nice day. It is going to be hot, hot, hot here.

Just watched a Taco tour with Rick Bayless yesterday and am all pumped for tacos. So I am going to make a Green Mole and Chicken.

Anyway, let you know later how closely it resembles what I had on vacation. I am hoping it's even betterSmile

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16?? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-16-2012

The mention of tacos has me thinking taco salad. I have a bunch of tomatoes to process today, so we'll see.

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16?? - Lorraine - 07-16-2012

Cajun Peppered shrimp over pasta, and great demi baguettes to sop up the juices.

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16?? - Mare749 - 07-16-2012

Oh Lorraine, that sounds so good! I'm working with shrimp today also. Going to do Blane's birthday dinner. Can't wait!

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16?? - Trixxee - 07-16-2012

I'm trying to put together a pantry meal myself and avoiding going to the store. I think I'm going to make a warm orzo, feta, chive, sundried tomato salad topped with some scampi style shrimp. Not sure if it will all work together but that's what we're having.

Edited to add: doing grilled chicken instead. Need to save my shrimp for Blane's B-Day Dinner....

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16?? - karyn - 07-16-2012

Apparently it's a taco kind of day! I have short ribs simmering in the crock pot for Korean tacos. They smell great.....

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16?? - esgunn - 07-16-2012

Cold Peanut Soba Noodles with Chicken. It is a Noble Pig Recipe.

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16?? - cjs - 07-16-2012

We ended up having (smoked) Chicken a la King over toasted 18-hour bread, but the pictures didn't turn out, so won't have one for the book...darn.

I'm looking into getting the camera Blane mentioned having. Mine is so old and so not food-picture-friendly!!!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 7/16?? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-16-2012

Definitive Salsa chilling, lettuce shredded, cheese shredded, and meat about to be cooked! I can't wait for dinner!