Cuisine at home Forums
Leftover pork roast - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Leftover pork roast (/showthread.php?tid=137929)

Leftover pork roast - Roxanne 21 - 07-09-2012

I'm looking for some ideas/suggestions for leftover pork roast. I ended up with way too much after our dinner...we usually don't have that much to play with except for a couple of sandwiches the next day. I have AT LEAST 3 pounds left...the roast didn't look that big in the market

Anyway....help please?????

Re: Leftover pork roast - cjs - 07-09-2012

From my latest bood, "I Have LEFTOVERS...What Do I Do Now?" - any of these sound good to you?

Asian Pork Salad
Fried Rice with Ham
Ham & Fruit salad (Pork can be subbed)
Jack, Mac & Ham Cassolette (ditto)
Linguine and Pork Stir-Fry
Open-Face Hunan Pork Sandwiches
Pork and Bean Burritos

other ideas for leftover pork -
strogonoff
soup
a curried stew over rice
hash

If any catch your eye, I'd be glad to post the recipe, but some of them you certainly wouldn't need a recipe.

Re: Leftover pork roast - labradors - 07-09-2012

Sandwiches can always be good.

Of course, you could also shred it or make very thin slices and put it onto pizza.

Hmm... maybe let it come to room temperature then cut it into bite-sized chunks and deep fry it in tempura!

Re: Leftover pork roast - cjs - 07-09-2012

" you could also shred it or make very thin slices and put it onto pizza.

Hmm... maybe let it come to room temperature then cut it into bite-sized chunks and deep fry it in tempura! "

Hmmmmm, LEFTOVERS #2.................

Re: Leftover pork roast - Lorraine - 07-09-2012

Geez, I'm doing the same as Roxanne. Have 1/2 a whole pork loin left. I was thinking hot pork sandwiches (if it cools down), pork fried rice, Cuban sandwiches. Maybe sliced and cooked in Green Enchilada Sauce. I have cubed potatoes leftover, so maybe a hash.

Re: Leftover pork roast - Trixxee - 07-09-2012

There's a recipe in the Sandwiches and Salads book on page 5 for a pork loin "dip". You make the dipping sauce out of onion, celery, carrot, tomato paste, beef and chicken broths, bay leaf, S&P. Serve on a toasted roll. Looks pretty good in the picture!

Re: Leftover pork roast - Roxanne 21 - 07-09-2012

WHOA!!!!! Great suggestions guys!!!! SOOOO many variations on meals that I make and we enjoy-----you have sparked the foody imagination there and I will have fun tomorrow

THANK YOU!!!!

Re: Leftover pork roast - Old Bay - 07-09-2012

We just slice it medium and make sandwiches with mustard and pickles, or with coleslaw, or BBQ sauce sandwiches--a vinegar sauce is perfect. So flexable.

Re: Leftover pork roast - mjkcooking - 07-09-2012

I am looking at a recipe for Baked Pork Egg Rolls - made with left over pork

I haven't tried it yet but looks good.

has coleslaw mix , gr onions, cilantro, hoisin sauce - and baked

Let me know if you want recipe.

Marye.

Re: Leftover pork roast - Roxanne 21 - 07-10-2012

That sounds intriguing, Marye......if and when you have the chance, I am very interested in the recipe.

Thanks in advance---