Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5?? (/showthread.php?tid=137745)

What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5?? - cjs - 07-05-2012

What's on the menu for today?

I'm hoping we can get back to 'normal' meals for a week or so until the next 'batch' of company. So, I'm grabbing the Carb Lover's book and see what's what.

Got a phone call from Laura last night, she booked a room at the Camas hotel which is connected to Scotty's restaurant. She was treated like royalty for her tasting menu dinner!! I'm so envious!

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5?? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-05-2012

I've got zucchini, eggplant and squash, so grilled ratatouille is a given. The grilled potatoes were such a hit the other day, I'm going to do it again with sweet potatoes. Hamburger is on sale, so I'll throw a couple of burgers on the grill to finish off the meal.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5?? - Lorraine - 07-05-2012

So glad for Laura!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5?? - Trixxee - 07-05-2012

Not set in stone but I think I'm going to make the parmesan crusted chicken again, this time on top of a salad (or for parmigiana).

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5?? - cjs - 07-05-2012

Well, I'm back in the groove of things, I think. Thawing right now if fridge -
chicken wings
beef roast slices (hash?)
beef rib bones
and, not thawing, but handy – 2/3 of batch of sourdough pizza dough.
decisions, decisions....

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5?? - Roxanne 21 - 07-05-2012

Pork tenderloin with a pan mushroom sauce, broccolini and potato mash to suck up all those beautiful juices from the sauce. New recipe for us but sure sounds good!!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5?? - cjs - 07-05-2012

Ended up making kind of a b*stardized version of a French Dip sandwich with the thawed roast. Sure a lot of grissle in the darn roast, so I'll probably grind up the rest and make some quasi-beef patties. good flavor tho.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5?? - Lorraine - 07-05-2012

Hog Wings done two ways, one with a Chinese Sauce, the other Mexican. Tater Salad and corn Maque Choux. Strawberries and blueberries for dessert, but somehow, a container of Apple Fritters made it into the cart. I usually catch these things at checkout, but missed it. He's very happy.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5?? - DFen911 - 07-05-2012

Freezer diving has produce a wonderful and succulent package of hotdogs

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 7/5?? - losblanos1 - 07-05-2012

From the new issue- Fajita burgers. Three down, two to go.