Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/7?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/7?? (/showthread.php?tid=136549)

What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/7?? - cjs - 06-07-2012

What's on the menu for everyone today?

Today's treat here is couscous salad and a chili baked tato.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/7?? - labradors - 06-07-2012

Quote:

Today's treat here is couscous salad and a chili baked tato.

Hmmm... How about chili-topped couscous?

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/7?? - Trixxee - 06-07-2012

Japanese Pork Cutlets (or Tonkatsu). Steamed rice and sauteed bok choy. Thanks for mentioning it the other day Blane. What would we do without you?

Quote:

Japanese Pork Cutlets (or Tonkatsu).

What recipe do you use for your tonkatsu sauce? Is it a good one with apples, etc., or one of the short-cut, Worcestershire-and-ketchup mixtures? I'd love to know a tested recipe for the kind with the apples.

Have you seen THIS article about tonkatsu that also compares and contrasts ten different sauces (nine bottled and one Worcestershire/ketchup mixture, as well)? Lots of great info!

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/7?? - Trixxee - 06-07-2012

Thanks for that Labs!

I am going to make C@H's recipe for the pork and the broth. I will buy some Tonkatsu sauce for my husband (I think Kikkoman will be about my only choice at the regular grocery store.)

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=59050&Main=58966

And I just opened the weekly store flyers and what do you know - asparagus for $1.99 a pound so I'm skipping the bok choy.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/7?? - cjs - 06-07-2012

chili topped couscous would be good also.

Quote:

And I just opened the weekly store flyers and what do you know - asparagus for $1.99 a pound so I'm skipping the bok choy.

<Sigh!> It's a conspiracy!

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/7?? - DFen911 - 06-07-2012

Mystery meat! It's frozen, in the white wrapper and I guess I peeled the label off...so I'll let you know

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 6/7?? - cjs - 06-07-2012

You have those in your freezer, too????????????????

Quote:

Mystery meat! It's frozen, in the white wrapper and I guess I peeled the label off...so I'll let you know

Reminds me of the time my grandfather took some "zucchini bread" out of the fridge and used it to make a peanut-butter sandwich. The only thing was: the "bread" was actually leftover meatloaf. ROTFL!