Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/27?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/27?? (/showthread.php?tid=136042)

What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/27?? - cjs - 05-27-2012

What's on the menu for today??

Tomorrow it's not supposed to be as nice around here as it has been, so I'm doing my B'day dinner today. It will be a day of grazing fun -

Brie in Puff Pastry
Port & Paprika Chicken Bites
L/O Oyster Cakes with Bacon Jam
Molten Lava Chocolate Chip Cookies
Champagne

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/27?? - Trixxee - 05-27-2012

We're having spareribs (versus baby backs like we usually have). Regular old BBQ sauce this time. Au gratin potatoes and steamed broccoli and watermelon.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/27?? - farnfam - 05-27-2012

Family reunion/baby shower for nephew and friend, so it's probably BBQ.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/27?? - losblanos1 - 05-27-2012

Great menu Jean!

Tonight we're trying a new recipe; Southwestern Tenderloin steaks with Chipotle mashed potatoes.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/27?? - cjs - 05-27-2012

Well, brunch waas quite good - a little off-the-wall, but tasty
[Image: BeefandVegeNoodleBowlMay27.jpg]

It's a nice weeknight recipe from Kraft using a new salad dressing (to us) Kraft Lite Asian ToastedSesame dressing, which is wonderful!!

and, of course champagne..... more to come.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/27?? - BarbaraS - 05-27-2012

Wow!! That looks mighty tasty!! Recipe please?

Barbara

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/27?? - Trixxee - 05-27-2012

Quote:

Tonight we're trying a new recipe; Southwestern Tenderloin steaks with Chipotle mashed potatoes.

We made this whole menu (including the spinach and tomatoes) for my son's 8th or 9th family birthday party. (Of course he didn't eat any of it - the kids had hot dogs). My mom and sister said it was one the best things I've ever made for them.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/27?? - Gourmet_Mom - 05-27-2012

I think William is going back out to the farm, so I think I may just make hot dogs. I've been craving watermelon lately, and Trixxee's mention of it cinches it!

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/27?? - losblanos1 - 05-27-2012

Thank you Trixxee, that's great to hear. I'm making the full recipe also, including the compound butter and lime crema. When you're a kid, a hot dog is like filet mignon and anything with spinach is cruel & unusual punishment

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 5/27?? - cjs - 05-27-2012

Sounds good, Blane and Trixxee - will have to try this one. Daphne, I saw a watermelon at the store yesterday and now I can't get it out of my mind. YUM