Cuisine at home Forums
OT: Travelling again - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: OT: Travelling again (/showthread.php?tid=135889)

OT: Travelling again - labradors - 05-24-2012

On my way to Guatemala again. When I first moved here, it used to be possible to go to the immigration office and just pay a fee to get another 90 days stamped onto your passport. Nowadays, you still get 90 days upon entry but you can only extend that for one month and can only do that once before having to leave the country for a minimum of three days. After the three days, when you re-enter, you get another 90 days (plus the one-month extension should you decide to do that).

Longer-term options do exist, but they just have too many hassles and get tied up in too much bureaucracy and corruption. Thus, these "visa trips" every 87 or 88 days turn out to be the easiest and least expensive way to "stay legal" and to do so without taking chances with bribes, etc.

Please pray that all goes smoothly and that there is no bus robbery (or any problems, for that matter) this time. The last time, that was the only thing that marred an otherwise perfect trip.

I'll be back sometime Tuesday night.

Re: OT: Travelling again - cjs - 05-24-2012

Oh my, be careful Labs and safe trip.

Re: OT: Travelling again - Lorraine - 05-24-2012

Safe travels, Lab.

Re: OT: Travelling again - BarbaraS - 05-24-2012

Quote:

Please pray that all goes smoothly and that there is no bus robbery (or any problems, for that matter) this time. The last time, that was the only thing that marred an otherwise perfect trip.

I'll be back sometime Tuesday night.

You got it!

Barbara

Re: OT: Travelling again - Mare749 - 05-24-2012

Have a safe trip, Labs. We'll miss you!

Re: OT: Travelling again - esgunn - 05-24-2012

Safe Traveling Labs! Hope it is un-eventful.

Re: OT: Travelling again - labradors - 05-24-2012

Thanks, everyone!

Re: OT: Travelling again - Trixxee - 05-24-2012

Come back to us safe and sound, Labs!

Re: OT: Travelling again - pjcooks - 05-24-2012

Be careful and be safe! Prayers for you.

PJ

Re: OT: Travelling again - losblanos1 - 05-24-2012

Have a safe trip Labs.