Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/23?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/23?? (/showthread.php?tid=135838)

What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/23?? - cjs - 05-23-2012

What's on the menu for today?

Houseboat Don arrives today with a cooler of seafood - so, it's up in the air what we'll be eating.

Blane, would you mind taking a minute and telling me what seafood dish you have enjoyed the best from C@H lately? And, of course anyone else that has had a really good one.

A little background for Blane, since he hasn't been around here very long. We have a friend from Portland, who, when he comes up to visit stops at Central Market and essentially tells the fish monger to fill his cooler with goodies. I never know what he's bringing, but it's always outstanding. Anyway, things around here have been so crazy, I haven't had a chance to look over old magazines to stir my memories. Any help would be appreciated. - from all of you good people.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/23?? - Lorraine - 05-23-2012

Have fun, Jean! Is he bringing the puppy? It's the start of an insanely busy 10 days for us. I had some leftover chicken thighs, so I simmered them in Marinara sauce, then took the meat off the bones. I'll serve it over pasta with a Caesar Salad (billy's favourite C@H recipe) Although, after I clean 40 lbs of random chicken breasts today, chicken may be the last thing I want to eat. Dessert will be the scraps from 6 batches of Double Chocolate Biscottis I made yesterday.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/23?? - cjs - 05-23-2012

Yup, Hank's coming also....

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/23?? - Trixxee - 05-23-2012

I think I'm going to make the mexican club sandwiches (or whatever they are called). I have leftover tortillas from yesterday's tacos so why not. I will be using thinly sliced rotissiere chicken.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/23?? - Mare749 - 05-23-2012

If my avocado seems ripe enough, that's what we're having today, too. Can't wait!

Me three! Decided since I don't know what Don's bringing, we'll keep everything for tomorrow. Looking forward to these.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/23?? - farnfam - 05-23-2012

Hmm, I came to this thread to write I don't know what's for dinner. But now I remember about the Mexican club sandwiches and if my avocado is also ripe-that's what I'm having too

Wow, have so many of us ever made the same thing the same day????? How fun.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/23?? - Mare749 - 05-23-2012

Jean, what is your method for cooking bacon in the oven? I just tried it in my convection oven; 400 for 20 minutes. It turned out pretty well.

I do mine about like you did - ~375° for 6 to 8 minutes and then start watching.

Where the heck is Blane - he's on here everyday and the day I need him, he gets a life???????????????

What Don brought -
mussels
scallops
oysters
ling cod

Bunapi mushrooms
Imported Brie

6 bottles of Malbec to "test"